Exclusive PREAPPLY

  • ovka
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 29, 2005
      Is it possible to have two different temp modifiers that are
      exclusive? For example say I created a feat called Rage Fatigue that
      had all of the temporary penalties for a barbarian that is fatigued
      after raging. Is there a way to ensure that those temp modifers are
      not applied at the same time as the Rage modifiers?

      Cheers,

      Sir George Anonymous
    • Eddy Anthony
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 29, 2005
        ovka scribed:

        > Is it possible to have two different temp modifiers that are
        > exclusive? For example say I created a feat called Rage Fatigue that
        > had all of the temporary penalties for a barbarian that is fatigued
        > after raging. Is there a way to ensure that those temp modifers are
        > not applied at the same time as the Rage modifiers?

        You could use the same types on the bonuses so that if they are applied at
        the same time the benefits won't pile up. Short of that (and that does get
        complicated) you can't prevent a temp bonus from being applied.
        --
        ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
        ~ PCGen Content Silverback
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 29, 2005
          Eddy Anthony wrote:
          > ovka scribed:
          >

          >>Is it possible to have two different temp modifiers that are
          >>exclusive? For example say I created a feat called Rage Fatigue that
          >>had all of the temporary penalties for a barbarian that is fatigued
          >>after raging. Is there a way to ensure that those temp modifers are
          >>not applied at the same time as the Rage modifiers?
          >

          > You could use the same types on the bonuses so that if they are applied at
          > the same time the benefits won't pile up. Short of that (and that does get
          > complicated) you can't prevent a temp bonus from being applied.

          IIRC all penalties are supposed to stack. Only certain named bonuses
          stack, the rest of the bonuses only get the highest of the same type.
          So the rage penalties (reduction of dex and AC) would still stack even
          if named the same.

          Think a better way to do this is just make a template for the rage
          ability. Then just apply the appropriate rage template to the character
          when they activate the ability since it isn't an always on thing.