Re: Unknown BONUS:DC|FEATBONUS|x tag

  • taluroniscandar
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 22, 2005
      --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "David Lim"
      <aberrant80@y...> wrote:
      > Heighten Spell feat has this tag:
      > Anyone has any idea what it does?
      > Heighten Spell is the only feat that has this tag in the whole 5.8 data.

      It is intended to increase the DC of the spell by the number of times
      Heighten Spell is applied to it to simulate the level increase caused
      by Heighten Spell.

      AFAIK, you have to apply Heighten Spell for every level you want to
      increase the spell by, i.e. once for one level, three times for three
      levels, ten times for ten levels, etc.

      ADDSPELLLEVEL explicity does not add to the dc of a spell because
      Heighten Spell is the only (current) feat (that I know of) that
      actually increases the level of the spell. Other metamagic feats only
      increase the level of the spellslot required, ie Empower makes
      Fireball use a 5th level slot, Heighten Spell makes Fireball a 5th
      level spell for all purposes (spellslot, dc, etc).