23275Re: Can you have MULT:NO with a CHOOSE?

  • Ding
    Mar 14, 2013
      Ok, that worked for the feat I had trouble with, but now I'm running into a different issue. I have a supernatural ability that is granted by a prestige class:
      Imbue Unarmed Strike
      CATEGORY:Special Ability
      DESC:Your unarmed strike gains the %1 property.|%LIST
      CHOOSE:NUMCHOICES=1|STRING|Flaming|Frost|Ghost Touch|Shock|Thundering

      I'm debating on whether it should be an attack rather than a quality, but regardless, when I try to load the source, I get this error:

      14:34:43.828 SEVERE Thread-7 pcgen.core.AbilityCategory doResolve Invalid use of MULT:YES Ability Imbue Unarmed Strike where a target [parens] is required
      14:34:43.829 SEVERE Thread-7 pcgen.core.AbilityCategory doResolve PLEASE TAKE NOTE: If usage locations are reported, not all usages are necessary illegal (at least one is)

      So it appears that because there's a chooser in the ability, I have to specify which choice when I add the ability? I'm simply using this on the level line of the class:
      ABILITY:Special Ability|AUTOMATIC|Imbue Unarmed Strike

      > MULT:YES
      > Cheers,
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic