22797Re: Adding ranger combat style

  • daft_inquisitor
    Dec 1, 2012
      This is actually fairly simple to do. :)

      For the course of this, I'll assume you're modifying the D&D 3.5 rules, but the method is the same if you're using Pathfinder or a Homebrew.

      If you look in the folder for the 3.5 RSRD, you'll find a file named "rsrd_abilities_class_base.lst". Open the file, and find the block entry marked "Ranger Combat Styles". There you'll see the template for Two-Weapon and Archery.

      It should be fairly easy to just copy one of those entries to a new line, and modify it as necessary. The "VFEAT" tag is what determines what abilities you get at which level, so that will be the one you probably have to modify the most.

      --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "kiasukiasikiabo" <18nikko@...> wrote:
      > I would like to add a new combat style to the ranger class. Can I just create a small abilities lst file and a feats file for the new feats? or do I need to do an alternate ranger class?
      > Thanks
      > Kiasu
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic