Psionics

  • gr8dm <gr8dm@wi.rr.com>
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 28, 2003
      Will Psionics be addressed in any version of this software? What
      would it take to add Psionics to the program with power descriptions
      (like spell descriptions).

      Just thought I would put it out there.

      Thanks,

      BJ
    • anieforth
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 28, 2005
        First off I would like to thank the author of PCGscry for making such
        an awesome app for PPC.

        However, I have 1 minor problem.

        The program loads no problem(albiet a little slow).
        Any and every character sheet i have loaded into it have loaded
        without a hitch.

        I have been playing Psionic characters (3.5e) for some time now, and
        PCGscry will even load them.

        The problem arises when i try to use the spell sheet to manifest my
        powers... it wont let me :(
        It keeps telling me i have used all my spell slots for that level for
        the day.

        Is psionics not supported, or is there something eles i need to do?
        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 29, 2005
          Unfortunately this app has not been updated in any way for quite some time.
          I would try both the PCGScry.xml file version e and the other one that was
          uploaded recently. Forgot what that one was called ... F maybe. There is a
          problem with the way that PCGen addresses spell sheets, that prevents all of
          them from being selected, and this may be the problem, although as I said I
          have not tested psionics at all.

          First off I would like to thank the author of PCGscry for making such
          an awesome app for PPC.

          However, I have 1 minor problem.

          The program loads no problem(albiet a little slow).
          Any and every character sheet i have loaded into it have loaded
          without a hitch.

          I have been playing Psionic characters (3.5e) for some time now, and
          PCGscry will even load them.

          The problem arises when i try to use the spell sheet to manifest my
          powers... it wont let me :(
          It keeps telling me i have used all my spell slots for that level for
          the day.

          Is psionics not supported, or is there something eles i need to do?

          Yahoo! Groups Links
        • Barak
          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 29, 2005
            Unfortunately, Ed is correct. The only work that has been done has been by
            him and myself to bring the character sheets up to 5.8.0 snuff. I think the
            original author has ceased working on it.

            I got the spells working (at least for a single class) in the sheet I
            uploaded to the group.

            I didn't try it with a multi-casting-class character... Have to give that a
            try later tonight and let you know how it goes..

            Barak

            Message 5 of 8 , Sep 29, 2005

              > I didn't try it with a multi-casting-class character... Have
              > to give that a try later tonight and let you know how it goes..

              Ok, I just tested and a Cleric 1/Wizard 1 shows both spell lists.

              Then I tried a Psion and once I selected my known powers they showed as
              well. :)

              This was using the .xml file I uploaded a couple of weeks ago
              (csheet_pcgscry580.zip in the file area).

              Barak
              Message 6 of 8 , Sep 29, 2005
                When I created a Succubus\Paladin 1 I had a great many problems with the
                spells. That is by NO way saying that any sane person would create such a
                character ... but. Things like that would certainly be a pain for GMs and
                other weird people like myself :-).

                Message 7 of 8 , Sep 29, 2005
                  *goggle* Succubus/Paladin????

                  Remind me NOT to game with you! :)

                  Barak

                  Message 8 of 8 , Sep 29, 2005
                    I can rarely seem to come up with normal stuff ... Although that is still a
                    little south of my normal stuff. I was having fun trying to bend and tweak
                    PCGen a little. Happy to see that it kept up with no problem. Also did an
                    Ogre Magi Psychic Warrior, again not one of my normal unusual characters.