RE: [PCGScry] How to read a value from the registry

    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 23, 2003
      Hi Mariano, I believe someone has already posted a new export template for
      use with version 4, but I guess another one couldn't hurt. :)

      I'm glad you got the app working. The next time I work on the app, I will
      definitely look into reading from the registry.

      Can you explain the skills bug you mentioned? I haven't heard anything
      about that yet.

      > Hi again Ross, that registry entry is always present on a pocket pc
      > 2002 distribution (I checked in several websites) but Im not sure if
      > it's present on pocketpc or other distributions, I think the way to go
      > would be place a different distribution and ask the users to test it, I
      > for me can check in another pocket pc (not 2002) ill tell you if the
      > registry key is there. By the way, I didn’t search the registry to find
      > the key, I searched google for information on how to get the "Program
      > files" folder name from eVB.
      >
      > In other subject I just got the application running. I just created a
      > Program Files folder, moved the application, and changed the registry a
      > little and the symlink.
      >
      > I noticed that there is bug with the skills; it seems to be adding
      > wrong rank + stat bonus. There is also a problem with the xml template
      > and version 4 of PCGen, it doesn’t display the AC information
      > correctly. I'll modify the template and upload it to the forums.
      >
      > Take care, Mariano.

    • Mariano Rodriguez
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 23, 2003
        Yes, no problem. The skill appear as if the value was a concatenation
        instead of a adding the values. For example

        Wilderness lore Bonus = +72 where Ranks = 7 and ability bonus = 2
        It is as if it was appending two strings instead of adding their integer
        values... weird...

        In only does it when I have ranks in that ability for example

        Balance total -1 ranks 0.0 stat mod 4 misc -5

        This one is fine 0 + 4 - 5 = -1

        But this one

        Listen total = 74 ranks 7 stat mod 2 misc 2

        7 + 2 + 2 = 74 :)

        it would be adding correctly stat mod and misc but then appending it to
        the total value.

        You don't have that problem?

        Mariano