RE: [PCGScry] How to read a value from the registry

  • Mariano Rodriguez
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 22, 2003
      Hi again Ross, that registry entry is always present on a pocket pc 2002
      distribution (I checked in several websites) but Im not sure if it's
      present on pocketpc or other distributions, I think the way to go would
      be place a different distribution and ask the users to test it, I for me
      can check in another pocket pc (not 2002) ill tell you if the registry
      key is there. By the way, I didn’t search the registry to find the key,
      I searched google for information on how to get the "Program files"
      folder name from eVB.

      In other subject I just got the application running. I just created a
      Program Files folder, moved the application, and changed the registry a
      little and the symlink.

      I noticed that there is bug with the skills; it seems to be adding wrong
      rank + stat bonus. There is also a problem with the xml template and
      version 4 of PCGen, it doesn’t display the AC information correctly.
      I'll modify the template and upload it to the forums.

      Take care, Mariano.

      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 23, 2003
        Hi Mariano, I believe someone has already posted a new export template for
        use with version 4, but I guess another one couldn't hurt. :)

        I'm glad you got the app working. The next time I work on the app, I will
        definitely look into reading from the registry.

        Can you explain the skills bug you mentioned? I haven't heard anything
        about that yet.

        > Hi again Ross, that registry entry is always present on a pocket pc
        > 2002 distribution (I checked in several websites) but Im not sure if
        > it's present on pocketpc or other distributions, I think the way to go
        > would be place a different distribution and ask the users to test it, I
        > for me can check in another pocket pc (not 2002) ill tell you if the
        > registry key is there. By the way, I didn’t search the registry to find
        > the key, I searched google for information on how to get the "Program
        > files" folder name from eVB.
        >
        > In other subject I just got the application running. I just created a
        > Program Files folder, moved the application, and changed the registry a
        > little and the symlink.
        >
        > I noticed that there is bug with the skills; it seems to be adding
        > wrong rank + stat bonus. There is also a problem with the xml template
        > and version 4 of PCGen, it doesn’t display the AC information
        > correctly. I'll modify the template and upload it to the forums.
        >
        > Take care, Mariano.

      • Mariano Rodriguez
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 23, 2003
          Yes, no problem. The skill appear as if the value was a concatenation
          instead of a adding the values. For example

          Wilderness lore Bonus = +72 where Ranks = 7 and ability bonus = 2
          It is as if it was appending two strings instead of adding their integer
          values... weird...

          In only does it when I have ranks in that ability for example

          Balance total -1 ranks 0.0 stat mod 4 misc -5

          This one is fine 0 + 4 - 5 = -1

          But this one

          Listen total = 74 ranks 7 stat mod 2 misc 2

          7 + 2 + 2 = 74 :)

          it would be adding correctly stat mod and misc but then appending it to
          the total value.

          You don't have that problem?

          Mariano