Re: [PCGScry] How to read a value from the registry

    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 22, 2003
      Did you search the entire registry? I would like to find an entry that's
      more "standard" ... that looks like it's tied to a particular mail
      application. If that's part of the standard Pocket PC install, then that'll
      work, but I have users that don't use Pocket PC 2002, and I don't want to
      alienate them.

      I'll check out the file you uploaded to the group when I get a chance,
      maybe this weekend.

      Thanks!

      -Ross

      > Hi Ross i upload a small EVb project that demostrate how to read a
      > value from the registry, in this case it's this value:
      >

      > HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\PMail\Attachments\TopDir
      >

      > This is where the name for the "Program Files" folder is stored. I
      > tested it with my pocket pc 2002 (in spanish) and i got the correct
      > value i also tested it with the pocket pc 2002 emulator that comes
      > with the ppc 2002 sdk and it worked fine (that one is in english).
      >

      > I hope this help, Thanks a lot Ross and keep up with your excelent
      > work.
      >

      > Greeting, Mariano.

    • Mariano Rodriguez
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 22, 2003
        Hi again Ross, that registry entry is always present on a pocket pc 2002
        distribution (I checked in several websites) but Im not sure if it's
        present on pocketpc or other distributions, I think the way to go would
        be place a different distribution and ask the users to test it, I for me
        can check in another pocket pc (not 2002) ill tell you if the registry
        key is there. By the way, I didn’t search the registry to find the key,
        I searched google for information on how to get the "Program files"
        folder name from eVB.

        In other subject I just got the application running. I just created a
        Program Files folder, moved the application, and changed the registry a
        little and the symlink.

        I noticed that there is bug with the skills; it seems to be adding wrong
        rank + stat bonus. There is also a problem with the xml template and
        version 4 of PCGen, it doesn’t display the AC information correctly.
        I'll modify the template and upload it to the forums.

        Take care, Mariano.

        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 23, 2003
          Hi Mariano, I believe someone has already posted a new export template for
          use with version 4, but I guess another one couldn't hurt. :)

          I'm glad you got the app working. The next time I work on the app, I will
          definitely look into reading from the registry.

          Can you explain the skills bug you mentioned? I haven't heard anything
          about that yet.

          > Hi again Ross, that registry entry is always present on a pocket pc
          > 2002 distribution (I checked in several websites) but Im not sure if
          > it's present on pocketpc or other distributions, I think the way to go
          > would be place a different distribution and ask the users to test it, I
          > for me can check in another pocket pc (not 2002) ill tell you if the
          > registry key is there. By the way, I didn’t search the registry to find
          > the key, I searched google for information on how to get the "Program
          > files" folder name from eVB.
          >
          > In other subject I just got the application running. I just created a
          > Program Files folder, moved the application, and changed the registry a
          > little and the symlink.
          >
          > I noticed that there is bug with the skills; it seems to be adding
          > wrong rank + stat bonus. There is also a problem with the xml template
          > and version 4 of PCGen, it doesn’t display the AC information
          > correctly. I'll modify the template and upload it to the forums.
          >
          > Take care, Mariano.

        • Mariano Rodriguez
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 23, 2003
            Yes, no problem. The skill appear as if the value was a concatenation
            instead of a adding the values. For example

            Wilderness lore Bonus = +72 where Ranks = 7 and ability bonus = 2
            It is as if it was appending two strings instead of adding their integer
            values... weird...

            In only does it when I have ranks in that ability for example

            Balance total -1 ranks 0.0 stat mod 4 misc -5

            This one is fine 0 + 4 - 5 = -1

            But this one

            Listen total = 74 ranks 7 stat mod 2 misc 2

            7 + 2 + 2 = 74 :)

            it would be adding correctly stat mod and misc but then appending it to
            the total value.

            You don't have that problem?

            Mariano