Comments from XDA user

  • kelvin_sid
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 9, 2002
      I haven't seen anyone else mention that they've tried using PCGScry
      on an O2 XDA so I thought I'd share my experiences.

      I downloaded PCGScry after searching for a character viewer/generator
      for PocketPC. It installed on the XDA without any problem but there
      doesn't seem to be anyway of getting it to install on the SD Card
      rather than main memory (which is a bit of an issue with the XDA).
      This may require a proper installer rather than just the CAB file.

      I wasn't a PCGen user before today so I've had to install that too
      and generate a test character in that. It took me some time to get
      the XML export working but eventually got a file to load onto the
      handheld.

      Unfortunately, I'm now at the stage of an error:
      "An error was encountered while running this program: Type
      mismatch: 'CInt'"

      I get this message when I try to open my xml file on the handheld.
      The only bits of data which seem to get read in are the basic stats -
      the rest is missing so I assume the problem is something in the XML
      file just after that. Anyway, it all looks very promising so I hope
      there's a simple solution.

      I'll keep playing (especially as I'm still getting to grips with
      PCGen) and let you know if there's any progress.

      Thanks

      Sid
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 9, 2002
        Hi Sid, thanks for the feedback.

        The bug you are encountering is a known bug caused by changes in the
        exported data from the latest version of PCGen. I will be making a fix for
        PCGScry soon, and I'll announce it here on the Yahoo group.

        Thanks again,
        -Ross

        > I haven't seen anyone else mention that they've tried using PCGScry on
        > an O2 XDA so I thought I'd share my experiences.
        >
        > I downloaded PCGScry after searching for a character viewer/generator
        > for PocketPC. It installed on the XDA without any problem but there
        > doesn't seem to be anyway of getting it to install on the SD Card
        > rather than main memory (which is a bit of an issue with the XDA).
        > This may require a proper installer rather than just the CAB file.
        >
        > I wasn't a PCGen user before today so I've had to install that too and
        > generate a test character in that. It took me some time to get the
        > XML export working but eventually got a file to load onto the
        > handheld.
        >
        > Unfortunately, I'm now at the stage of an error:
        > "An error was encountered while running this program: Type
        > mismatch: 'CInt'"
        >
        > I get this message when I try to open my xml file on the handheld.
        > The only bits of data which seem to get read in are the basic stats -
        > the rest is missing so I assume the problem is something in the XML
        > file just after that. Anyway, it all looks very promising so I hope
        > there's a simple solution.
        >
        > I'll keep playing (especially as I'm still getting to grips with
        > PCGen) and let you know if there's any progress.
        >
        > Thanks
        >
        > Sid

      • kelvin_sid
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 10, 2002
          Just a quick update...

          I managed to manually edit the XML file to replace those tokens which
          hadn't been updated (most of the saving throw values) and the file
          now loads without problem into PCGScry.

          I'll look forward to the fix.

          One more quick question - is it in your plan to temporarily update
          things like AC on the basis of spells cast (eg: mage armor)? This is
          always the thing I forget on my paper versions - doh!

          Thanks
          Sid