Re: [PCGScry] Spells tab

    Message 1 of 2 , May 9, 2002
      Hi Max, thanks for the great suggestion ... keep em comin!

      The slower load time is due to the fact that the new spell search feature
      requires that the application scan all the spell XML files to build a list
      of available spell names. This makes the actual searching process much
      faster. I figured the increased load time was worth it to keep the speed up
      during actual use of the program.

      Your suggestion for the spells tab is pretty tough to implement from a
      coding perspective, especially if you want the "state" of your spells to be
      saved when you exit the program, but I'll put some thought into it.

      Originally I wrote this program as a simple viewer of PCGen character data.
      I hadn't intended to build in any features to support gameplay at the
      table, such as casting spells, hit points, etc. But now that I see that
      there is some demand for additional features, I may just let the program
      become a real game table aid. We'll have to see. :) At any rate, please
      feel free to send me any wish list items you have ... at the very least,
      I'll keep them on file and implement them on a time-permitting basis. :)

      Thanks!
      -Ross