Re: Error loading Characters

  • Andrew Snyder
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 20, 2006
      Not that I am aware of. Where is this post? I have recently decided
      to become successful again so I bought it off my father when he
      screamed it had too many things. He just wanted a phone :P $15 for
      this puppy.

      Microsoft Windows Mobie Version 5.0
      OS 5.1.195 (14928.2.2.0)

      This is all I can find on the device.

      --- In PCGScry@yahoogroups.com, "Martin Smith" <groups@...> wrote:

      > Do you know which version of PocketPC it is (2002, 2003, Mobile [2005])?
      >
      > Reading on a forum on the web, it looks like the VX6600 uses
      PocketPC 2003,
      > but they make reference to an upgrade to a later version of PPC 2003
      being
      > available. Have you got this update installed?

      Behalf Of
      > Andrew Snyder
      > Sent: 20 October 2006 17:07
      > To: PCGScry@yahoogroups.com
      > Subject: [PCGScry] Error loading Characters
      >

      > I own a PocketPC phone VX6600.
      >
      > I played years ago with my Palm but would like to view it on this
      phone.

      > Here is the error:
      >
      > PSGScry.exe
      > NullReferenceException
      >
      > Application::Run+0xf
      > frmMain::Main+0xa
      >
      > What causes this error? The program loads, but when I try to load any
      > character (including the stock characters) it crashes.
      >
      > Please advise.
      >
      > As well this is the second group I have used in Yahoo. I am very new
      > to the message system here, the other one I simply replied to my email
      > for an RP group so a friend could eventaully write stories.

    • Andrew Snyder
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 20, 2006
        Nothing extra as far as the debug goes. The same error exact.

        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 23, 2006
          Ok, it looks like I might have put a bad outputsheet into the distribution.

          The "Vaughn Rintel" default character should load properly, but the others won't as they were created with an older outputsheet.

          I am now working on getting the latest outputsheet working properly, including adding version information into the template so that the "Open File" checks that a compatible version of the file is used.

          Message 4 of 8 , Oct 23, 2006
            Thankyou... I see hope... I never tried the Vaughn Rintel char.

            That did work, you have the right idea methinks!

            Message 5 of 8 , Oct 23, 2006
              That is the template I always test with (it being my current character).

              I also had a correct version of the export sheet in PCGen, but a bad version in the PCGscry development area.

              I hope the new version works for you too :-)