Re: Error loading Characters

    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 20, 2006
      --- In PCGScry@yahoogroups.com, "Andrew Snyder" <king_anaki@...> wrote:

      > I own a PocketPC phone VX6600.
      >
      > I played years ago with my Palm but would like to view it on this
      phone.

      > Here is the error:
      >
      > PSGScry.exe
      > NullReferenceException
      >
      > Application::Run+0xf
      > frmMain::Main+0xa

      Hi Andrew,

      I've uploaded to the top-level of the Files section a version of the
      program compiled with Debug switched on. Would it be possible for you
      to install it and see if it gives you better error information?

      I won't be able to look at it again until Monday evening, but I'd hope
      to get a bit further then. (Note that it won't work on SmartPhone
      2003, but does work on PocketPC 2003.)

      -- Martin
    • Andrew Snyder
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 20, 2006
        Not that I am aware of. Where is this post? I have recently decided
        to become successful again so I bought it off my father when he
        screamed it had too many things. He just wanted a phone :P $15 for
        this puppy.

        Microsoft Windows Mobie Version 5.0
        OS 5.1.195 (14928.2.2.0)

        This is all I can find on the device.

        --- In PCGScry@yahoogroups.com, "Martin Smith" <groups@...> wrote:

        > Do you know which version of PocketPC it is (2002, 2003, Mobile [2005])?
        >
        > Reading on a forum on the web, it looks like the VX6600 uses
        PocketPC 2003,
        > but they make reference to an upgrade to a later version of PPC 2003
        being
        > available. Have you got this update installed?

        Behalf Of
        > Andrew Snyder
        > Sent: 20 October 2006 17:07
        > To: PCGScry@yahoogroups.com
        > Subject: [PCGScry] Error loading Characters
        >

        > I own a PocketPC phone VX6600.
        >
        > I played years ago with my Palm but would like to view it on this
        phone.

        > Here is the error:
        >
        > PSGScry.exe
        > NullReferenceException
        >
        > Application::Run+0xf
        > frmMain::Main+0xa
        >
        > What causes this error? The program loads, but when I try to load any
        > character (including the stock characters) it crashes.
        >
        > Please advise.
        >
        > As well this is the second group I have used in Yahoo. I am very new
        > to the message system here, the other one I simply replied to my email
        > for an RP group so a friend could eventaully write stories.

      • Andrew Snyder
        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 20, 2006
          Nothing extra as far as the debug goes. The same error exact.

          Message 4 of 8 , Oct 23, 2006
            Ok, it looks like I might have put a bad outputsheet into the distribution.

            The "Vaughn Rintel" default character should load properly, but the others won't as they were created with an older outputsheet.

            I am now working on getting the latest outputsheet working properly, including adding version information into the template so that the "Open File" checks that a compatible version of the file is used.

            Message 5 of 8 , Oct 23, 2006
              Thankyou... I see hope... I never tried the Vaughn Rintel char.

              That did work, you have the right idea methinks!

              Message 6 of 8 , Oct 23, 2006
                That is the template I always test with (it being my current character).

                I also had a correct version of the export sheet in PCGen, but a bad version in the PCGscry development area.

                I hope the new version works for you too :-)