Error loading Characters

  • Andrew Snyder
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 20, 2006
      I own a PocketPC phone VX6600.

      I played years ago with my Palm but would like to view it on this phone.

      Here is the error:

      PSGScry.exe
      NullReferenceException

      Application::Run+0xf
      frmMain::Main+0xa

      What causes this error? The program loads, but when I try to load any
      character (including the stock characters) it crashes.

      Please advise.

      As well this is the second group I have used in Yahoo. I am very new
      to the message system here, the other one I simply replied to my email
      for an RP group so a friend could eventaully write stories.
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 20, 2006
        Do you know which version of PocketPC it is (2002, 2003, Mobile [2005])?

        Reading on a forum on the web, it looks like the VX6600 uses PocketPC 2003, but they make reference to an upgrade to a later version of PPC 2003 being available. Have you got this update installed?

        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 20, 2006
          --- In PCGScry@yahoogroups.com, "Andrew Snyder" <king_anaki@...> wrote:

          > I own a PocketPC phone VX6600.
          >
          > I played years ago with my Palm but would like to view it on this
          phone.

          > Here is the error:
          >
          > PSGScry.exe
          > NullReferenceException
          >
          > Application::Run+0xf
          > frmMain::Main+0xa

          Hi Andrew,

          I've uploaded to the top-level of the Files section a version of the
          program compiled with Debug switched on. Would it be possible for you
          to install it and see if it gives you better error information?

          I won't be able to look at it again until Monday evening, but I'd hope
          to get a bit further then. (Note that it won't work on SmartPhone
          2003, but does work on PocketPC 2003.)

          -- Martin
        • Andrew Snyder
          Message 4 of 8 , Oct 20, 2006
            Not that I am aware of. Where is this post? I have recently decided
            to become successful again so I bought it off my father when he
            screamed it had too many things. He just wanted a phone :P $15 for
            this puppy.

            Microsoft Windows Mobie Version 5.0
            OS 5.1.195 (14928.2.2.0)

            This is all I can find on the device.

            --- In PCGScry@yahoogroups.com, "Martin Smith" <groups@...> wrote:

            > Do you know which version of PocketPC it is (2002, 2003, Mobile [2005])?
            >
            > Reading on a forum on the web, it looks like the VX6600 uses
            PocketPC 2003,
            > but they make reference to an upgrade to a later version of PPC 2003
            being
            > available. Have you got this update installed?

            Behalf Of

            Message 5 of 8 , Oct 20, 2006
              Nothing extra as far as the debug goes. The same error exact.

              Message 6 of 8 , Oct 23, 2006
                Ok, it looks like I might have put a bad outputsheet into the distribution.

                The "Vaughn Rintel" default character should load properly, but the others won't as they were created with an older outputsheet.

                I am now working on getting the latest outputsheet working properly, including adding version information into the template so that the "Open File" checks that a compatible version of the file is used.

                Message 7 of 8 , Oct 23, 2006
                  Thankyou... I see hope... I never tried the Vaughn Rintel char.

                  That did work, you have the right idea methinks!

                  Message 8 of 8 , Oct 23, 2006
                    That is the template I always test with (it being my current character).

                    I also had a correct version of the export sheet in PCGen, but a bad version in the PCGscry development area.

                    I hope the new version works for you too :-)