Re: Enthusiasm gets the better of me

  • Tom
    Message 1 of 11 , Oct 17, 2006
      Hi Martin,

      I've Windows Mobile 2003 Second Edition. Meanwhile I found the issue
      to this problem. I don't use English (United State) settings but Dutch
      (Belgium). When I switch to English the calculation is correct. In
      Dutch setting it is incorrect, probably due to the fact that we have
      another period notation, ie ',' instead of '.'

      I think you should replace the '.' in the period notation of the
      regional settings before setting it as a double. (Or something like
      that, depending on what is possible in .Net)

      Regards,
      Tom.

      --- In PCGScry@yahoogroups.com, "Martin Smith" <groups@...> wrote:

      > Hmm, well when I copied the XML to my PocketPC, I saw the correct
      figure in
      > the total column.
      >
      > For example,
      >
      > Concentration 7 3.0 +3 1 CON
      >
      > What device are you using?
      > Is it Pocket PC 2003 or Windows Mobile (5?)?
      >
      > -- Martin

      Behalf Of

      Message 2 of 11 , Oct 18, 2006
        Ah, I see.
        I think I might be hard-coding the "." when creating the string (but I might not).
        I will check the code to ensure it uses the correct international symbols everywhere.
        Thanks for the info.

        Message 3 of 11 , Oct 19, 2006
          Hi,

          I've looked at the code, and the XML files, and it appears that the problem is that the XML file has "." as the decimal point.

          There's a new version of PCGscry which converts the "." in three fields of the XML file to whatever is set as your locale's decimal point.
          This applies to:
              Skills - Ranks
              Equipment - Weight
              Equipment - Cost

          I've Windows Mobile 2003 Second Edition. Meanwhile I found the issue
          to this problem. I don't use English (United State) settings but Dutch
          (Belgium). When I switch to English the calculation is correct. In
          Dutch setting it is incorrect, probably due to the fact that we have
          another period notation, ie ',' instead of '.'

          I think you should replace the '.' in the period notation of the
          regional settings before setting it as a double. (Or something like
          that, depending on what is possible in .Net)

          Regards,
          Tom.

          --- In PCGScry@yahoogroups .com, "Martin Smith" <groups@...> wrote:

          > Hmm, well when I copied the XML to my PocketPC, I saw the correct
          figure in
          > the total column.
          >
          > For example,
          >
          > Concentration 7 3.0 +3 1 CON
          >
          > What device are you using?
          > Is it Pocket PC 2003 or Windows Mobile (5?)?
          >
          > -- Martin

        • Tom
          Message 4 of 11 , Oct 19, 2006
            --- In PCGScry@yahoogroups.com, "Martin Smith" <groups@...> wrote:

            > Hi,
            >
            > I've looked at the code, and the XML files, and it appears that the
            problem
            > is that the XML file has "." as the decimal point.
            >
            > There's a new version of PCGscry which converts the "." in three
            fields of
            > the XML file to whatever is set as your locale's decimal point.
            > This applies to:
            > Skills - Ranks
            > Equipment - Weight
            > Equipment - Cost