RE: [PCGScry] Re: Enthusiasm gets the better of me

    Message 1 of 11 , Oct 11, 2006
      Message
      Hmm, well when I copied the XML to my PocketPC, I saw the correct figure in the total column.

      For example,

      Concentration    7        3.0        +3        1        CON

      What device are you using?
      Is it Pocket PC 2003 or Windows Mobile (5?)?

      Message 2 of 11 , Oct 17, 2006
        Hi Martin,

        I've Windows Mobile 2003 Second Edition. Meanwhile I found the issue
        to this problem. I don't use English (United State) settings but Dutch
        (Belgium). When I switch to English the calculation is correct. In
        Dutch setting it is incorrect, probably due to the fact that we have
        another period notation, ie ',' instead of '.'

        I think you should replace the '.' in the period notation of the
        regional settings before setting it as a double. (Or something like
        that, depending on what is possible in .Net)

        Regards,
        Tom.

        --- In PCGScry@yahoogroups.com, "Martin Smith" <groups@...> wrote:

        > Hmm, well when I copied the XML to my PocketPC, I saw the correct
        figure in
        > the total column.
        >
        > For example,
        >
        > Concentration 7 3.0 +3 1 CON
        >
        > What device are you using?
        > Is it Pocket PC 2003 or Windows Mobile (5?)?
        >
        > -- Martin

        Behalf Of

        Message 3 of 11 , Oct 18, 2006
          Message
          Ah, I see.
          I think I might be hard-coding the "." when creating the string (but I might not).
          I will check the code to ensure it uses the correct international symbols everywhere.
          Thanks for the info.

          Message 4 of 11 , Oct 19, 2006
            Message
            Hi,

            I've looked at the code, and the XML files, and it appears that the problem is that the XML file has "." as the decimal point.

            There's a new version of PCGscry which converts the "." in three fields of the XML file to whatever is set as your locale's decimal point.
            This applies to:
                Skills - Ranks
                Equipment - Weight
                Equipment - Cost

            I've Windows Mobile 2003 Second Edition. Meanwhile I found the issue
            to this problem. I don't use English (United State) settings but Dutch
            (Belgium). When I switch to English the calculation is correct. In
            Dutch setting it is incorrect, probably due to the fact that we have
            another period notation, ie ',' instead of '.'

            I think you should replace the '.' in the period notation of the
            regional settings before setting it as a double. (Or something like
            that, depending on what is possible in .Net)

            Regards,
            Tom.

            --- In PCGScry@yahoogroups .com, "Martin Smith" <groups@...> wrote:

            > Hmm, well when I copied the XML to my PocketPC, I saw the correct
            figure in
            > the total column.
            >
            > For example,
            >
            > Concentration 7 3.0 +3 1 CON
            >
            > What device are you using?
            > Is it Pocket PC 2003 or Windows Mobile (5?)?
            >
            > -- Martin

          • Tom
            Message 5 of 11 , Oct 19, 2006
              --- In PCGScry@yahoogroups.com, "Martin Smith" <groups@...> wrote:

              > Hi,
              >
              > I've looked at the code, and the XML files, and it appears that the
              problem
              > is that the XML file has "." as the decimal point.
              >
              > There's a new version of PCGscry which converts the "." in three
              fields of
              > the XML file to whatever is set as your locale's decimal point.
              > This applies to:
              > Skills - Ranks
              > Equipment - Weight
              > Equipment - Cost