Re: Enthusiasm gets the better of me

  • Tom
    Message 1 of 11 , Oct 11, 2006
      --- In PCGScry@yahoogroups.com, "Martin Smith" <groups@...> wrote:

      > The ranks column shows the point fine. The problem is in the total
      > column on the left side of the ranks column. This displays the wrong
      > result. Eg a rank of 3.0 and a stat bonus of +4, should give +7.0,
      > while the total column shows 34
      >

      > >> This is strange, because the Skills look fine on my PocketPC.
      >
      > Is there any chance that you can send me the character's .xml file
      for me to have a look?

      Yup, just send it to you

      Regards,
      Tom
      Message 2 of 11 , Oct 11, 2006
        Message
        Hmm, well when I copied the XML to my PocketPC, I saw the correct figure in the total column.

        For example,

        Concentration    7        3.0        +3        1        CON

        What device are you using?
        Is it Pocket PC 2003 or Windows Mobile (5?)?

        Message 3 of 11 , Oct 17, 2006
          Hi Martin,

          I've Windows Mobile 2003 Second Edition. Meanwhile I found the issue
          to this problem. I don't use English (United State) settings but Dutch
          (Belgium). When I switch to English the calculation is correct. In
          Dutch setting it is incorrect, probably due to the fact that we have
          another period notation, ie ',' instead of '.'

          I think you should replace the '.' in the period notation of the
          regional settings before setting it as a double. (Or something like
          that, depending on what is possible in .Net)

          Regards,
          Tom.

          --- In PCGScry@yahoogroups.com, "Martin Smith" <groups@...> wrote:

          > Hmm, well when I copied the XML to my PocketPC, I saw the correct
          figure in
          > the total column.
          >
          > For example,
          >
          > Concentration 7 3.0 +3 1 CON
          >
          > What device are you using?
          > Is it Pocket PC 2003 or Windows Mobile (5?)?
          >
          > -- Martin

          Behalf Of

          Message 4 of 11 , Oct 18, 2006
            Message
            Ah, I see.
            I think I might be hard-coding the "." when creating the string (but I might not).
            I will check the code to ensure it uses the correct international symbols everywhere.
            Thanks for the info.

            Message 5 of 11 , Oct 19, 2006
              Message
              Hi,

              I've looked at the code, and the XML files, and it appears that the problem is that the XML file has "." as the decimal point.

              There's a new version of PCGscry which converts the "." in three fields of the XML file to whatever is set as your locale's decimal point.
              This applies to:
                  Skills - Ranks
                  Equipment - Weight
                  Equipment - Cost

              I've Windows Mobile 2003 Second Edition. Meanwhile I found the issue
              to this problem. I don't use English (United State) settings but Dutch
              (Belgium). When I switch to English the calculation is correct. In
              Dutch setting it is incorrect, probably due to the fact that we have
              another period notation, ie ',' instead of '.'

              I think you should replace the '.' in the period notation of the
              regional settings before setting it as a double. (Or something like
              that, depending on what is possible in .Net)

              Regards,
              Tom.

              --- In PCGScry@yahoogroups .com, "Martin Smith" <groups@...> wrote:

              > Hmm, well when I copied the XML to my PocketPC, I saw the correct
              figure in
              > the total column.
              >
              > For example,
              >
              > Concentration 7 3.0 +3 1 CON
              >
              > What device are you using?
              > Is it Pocket PC 2003 or Windows Mobile (5?)?
              >
              > -- Martin

            • Tom
              Message 6 of 11 , Oct 19, 2006
                --- In PCGScry@yahoogroups.com, "Martin Smith" <groups@...> wrote:

                > Hi,
                >
                > I've looked at the code, and the XML files, and it appears that the
                problem
                > is that the XML file has "." as the decimal point.
                >
                > There's a new version of PCGscry which converts the "." in three
                fields of
                > the XML file to whatever is set as your locale's decimal point.
                > This applies to:
                > Skills - Ranks
                > Equipment - Weight
                > Equipment - Cost