RE: [PCGScry] Some issues

    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 23 1:11 AM
      Hi, thanks for the feedback.
      I will get a proper look at these this evening.

      Could you provide an example of the original PCGen character file, and the generated XML output file please?
      It will allow me to track down the export problem more quickly.

      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 10, 2006
        Hi,

        Have you managed to look at the skill points issue?

        > The total skill points are wrongly calculated: it looks like it is
        > calculated as ranks*10+stat

        PS. What is needed to modify some the sources myself? Which IDE can be
        used? (I've no knowledge in .Net, but I do have knowledge of several
        others, so I think I might be able to tweak some thingies)

        Thanks!
      • groups@mjsmith.me.uk
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 12, 2006
          I use Visual Studio 2005 for development.

          I haven't looked at the skills yet. I plan do look at these things shortly, but am currently recovering from a week of illness

          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 13, 2006
            groups@... wrote:
            Message
            I use Visual Studio 2005 for development.

            I haven't looked at the skills yet. I plan do look at these things shortly, but am currently recovering from a week of illness

            -- Martin
            <SNIP>

            Sorry to hear you where sick, glad to see you on the list again.  I hope things go better for you.
            Message 5 of 7 , Oct 6, 2006
              Where is the total number of skill points displayed?
              I can't find it anywhere.

              Have you managed to look at the skill points issue?

              > The total skill points are wrongly calculated: it looks like it is
              > calculated as ranks*10+stat

              PS. What is needed to modify some the sources myself? Which IDE can be
              used? (I've no knowledge in .Net, but I do have knowledge of several
              others, so I think I might be able to tweak some thingies)

              Thanks!

            • Tom
              Message 6 of 7 , Oct 8, 2006
                Hi Martin,

                It's in the column 'Total' on the skill page

                An example:

                Riding :

                10 Ranks
                +4 Stat Mod.
                +0 Misc

                should give my character a total of 14 skill points, while in PCScry I
                get 104 skill points.

                Same for all the other skill points. Is seems that the ranks are
                multiplied by 10

                This is also in the new version.

                A feature request:
                *It would be nice if you could dispaly the innate powers as the feats
                (ie with description on lower part of the screen)
                * Same with special abilities (which would be nice to show them on a
                seperate screen as well (as feats, skills, etc)
                Regards,
                Tom
                --- In PCGScry@yahoogroups.com, "Martin Smith" <groups@...> wrote:

                > Where is the total number of skill points displayed?
                > I can't find it anywhere.
                >
                > -- Martin

                Behalf Of