Some issues

  • zifnabbe
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 21, 2006
      Hi,

      I've just installed PCGScry and I'm very fond of it already. Some issues:

      Character Export
      ----------------

      It looks like with the xml export (PCGen -> PCGScry) something goes
      wrong with the feats (Only one is exported, the others haven't been
      exported)

      Bugs?
      -----

      The total skill points are wrongly calculated: it looks like it is
      calculated as ranks*10+stat

      GUI issues
      ----------

      There are spinboxes in which you can enter a value which is then
      substracted. It might be interesting to provide a default value to it
      (eg 1). You could also add the option that if the button is pressed,
      the substraction/addition is doubled.

      When you double click on a column seperator, the width of the column
      is autosized. It might be interesting to have this as default.

      Weapon/Armor
      ------------

      It might be interesting to set the most imported issues first. Double
      clicking on it, provides a dialog with other information and
      description (same for tables on other pages)

      Skills/Feats
      -------------

      Perhaps seperate them in two different pages? (ie a feat and skill page)

      Equipment
      ---------

      It would be nice to be able to check what the pc is carrieing. Or
      importing the different equipment defaults (see pcgen), to then
      recalculate the stats. eg:

      you could have 2 equipment defaults: general and fight.

      If the user selects fight all stats are calculated according to this
      (and if the fight default says that the user wears an armor, it's AC
      changes accordingly)

      Innates
      -------
      Double clicking on it to show the description

      Regards,
      Tom.
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 23, 2006
        Hi, thanks for the feedback.
        I will get a proper look at these this evening.

        Could you provide an example of the original PCGen character file, and the generated XML output file please?
        It will allow me to track down the export problem more quickly.

        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 10, 2006
          Hi,

          Have you managed to look at the skill points issue?

          > The total skill points are wrongly calculated: it looks like it is
          > calculated as ranks*10+stat

          PS. What is needed to modify some the sources myself? Which IDE can be
          used? (I've no knowledge in .Net, but I do have knowledge of several
          others, so I think I might be able to tweak some thingies)

          Thanks!
        • groups@mjsmith.me.uk
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 12, 2006
            I use Visual Studio 2005 for development.

            I haven't looked at the skills yet. I plan do look at these things shortly, but am currently recovering from a week of illness

            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 13, 2006
              groups@... wrote:
              Message
              I use Visual Studio 2005 for development.

              I haven't looked at the skills yet. I plan do look at these things shortly, but am currently recovering from a week of illness

              -- Martin
              <SNIP>

              Sorry to hear you where sick, glad to see you on the list again.  I hope things go better for you.
              Message 6 of 7 , Oct 6, 2006
                Where is the total number of skill points displayed?
                I can't find it anywhere.

                Message 7 of 7 , Oct 8, 2006
                  Hi Martin,

                  It's in the column 'Total' on the skill page

                  An example:

                  Riding :

                  10 Ranks
                  +4 Stat Mod.
                  +0 Misc

                  should give my character a total of 14 skill points, while in PCScry I
                  get 104 skill points.

                  Same for all the other skill points. Is seems that the ranks are
                  multiplied by 10

                  This is also in the new version.

                  A feature request:
                  *It would be nice if you could dispaly the innate powers as the feats
                  (ie with description on lower part of the screen)
                  * Same with special abilities (which would be nice to show them on a
                  seperate screen as well (as feats, skills, etc)
                  Regards,
                  Tom
                  --- In PCGScry@yahoogroups.com, "Martin Smith" <groups@...> wrote:

                  > Where is the total number of skill points displayed?
                  > I can't find it anywhere.
                  >
                  > -- Martin

                  Behalf Of