RE: [PCGScry] Psionics

    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 29, 2005
      Unfortunately this app has not been updated in any way for quite some time.
      I would try both the PCGScry.xml file version e and the other one that was
      uploaded recently. Forgot what that one was called ... F maybe. There is a
      problem with the way that PCGen addresses spell sheets, that prevents all of
      them from being selected, and this may be the problem, although as I said I
      have not tested psionics at all.

      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 29, 2005
        Unfortunately, Ed is correct. The only work that has been done has been by
        him and myself to bring the character sheets up to 5.8.0 snuff. I think the
        original author has ceased working on it.

        I got the spells working (at least for a single class) in the sheet I
        uploaded to the group.

        I didn't try it with a multi-casting-class character... Have to give that a
        try later tonight and let you know how it goes..

        Barak

      • Barak
        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 29, 2005

          > I didn't try it with a multi-casting-class character... Have
          > to give that a try later tonight and let you know how it goes..

          Ok, I just tested and a Cleric 1/Wizard 1 shows both spell lists.

          Then I tried a Psion and once I selected my known powers they showed as
          well. :)

          This was using the .xml file I uploaded a couple of weeks ago
          (csheet_pcgscry580.zip in the file area).

          Barak
          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 29, 2005
            When I created a Succubus\Paladin 1 I had a great many problems with the
            spells. That is by NO way saying that any sane person would create such a
            character ... but. Things like that would certainly be a pain for GMs and
            other weird people like myself :-).

            > I didn't try it with a multi-casting-class character... Have
            > to give that a try later tonight and let you know how it goes..

            Ok, I just tested and a Cleric 1/Wizard 1 shows both spell lists.

            Then I tried a Psion and once I selected my known powers they showed as
            well. :)

            This was using the .xml file I uploaded a couple of weeks ago
            (csheet_pcgscry580.zip in the file area).

            Barak

            Yahoo! Groups Links
          • Barak
            Message 5 of 8 , Sep 29, 2005
              *goggle* Succubus/Paladin????

              Remind me NOT to game with you! :)

              Barak

              Message 6 of 8 , Sep 29, 2005
                I can rarely seem to come up with normal stuff ... Although that is still a
                little south of my normal stuff. I was having fun trying to bend and tweak
                PCGen a little. Happy to see that it kept up with no problem. Also did an
                Ogre Magi Psychic Warrior, again not one of my normal unusual characters.