Psionics

  • anieforth
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 28, 2005
      First off I would like to thank the author of PCGscry for making such
      an awesome app for PPC.

      However, I have 1 minor problem.

      The program loads no problem(albiet a little slow).
      Any and every character sheet i have loaded into it have loaded
      without a hitch.

      I have been playing Psionic characters (3.5e) for some time now, and
      PCGscry will even load them.

      The problem arises when i try to use the spell sheet to manifest my
      powers... it wont let me :(
      It keeps telling me i have used all my spell slots for that level for
      the day.

      Is psionics not supported, or is there something eles i need to do?
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 29, 2005
        Unfortunately this app has not been updated in any way for quite some time.
        I would try both the PCGScry.xml file version e and the other one that was
        uploaded recently. Forgot what that one was called ... F maybe. There is a
        problem with the way that PCGen addresses spell sheets, that prevents all of
        them from being selected, and this may be the problem, although as I said I
        have not tested psionics at all.

        First off I would like to thank the author of PCGscry for making such
        an awesome app for PPC.

        However, I have 1 minor problem.

        The program loads no problem(albiet a little slow).
        Any and every character sheet i have loaded into it have loaded
        without a hitch.

        I have been playing Psionic characters (3.5e) for some time now, and
        PCGscry will even load them.

        The problem arises when i try to use the spell sheet to manifest my
        powers... it wont let me :(
        It keeps telling me i have used all my spell slots for that level for
        the day.

        Is psionics not supported, or is there something eles i need to do?

        Yahoo! Groups Links
      • Barak
        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 29, 2005
          Unfortunately, Ed is correct. The only work that has been done has been by
          him and myself to bring the character sheets up to 5.8.0 snuff. I think the
          original author has ceased working on it.

          I got the spells working (at least for a single class) in the sheet I
          uploaded to the group.

          I didn't try it with a multi-casting-class character... Have to give that a
          try later tonight and let you know how it goes..

          Barak

          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 29, 2005

            > I didn't try it with a multi-casting-class character... Have
            > to give that a try later tonight and let you know how it goes..

            Ok, I just tested and a Cleric 1/Wizard 1 shows both spell lists.

            Then I tried a Psion and once I selected my known powers they showed as
            well. :)

            This was using the .xml file I uploaded a couple of weeks ago
            (csheet_pcgscry580.zip in the file area).

            Barak
            Message 5 of 8 , Sep 29, 2005
              When I created a Succubus\Paladin 1 I had a great many problems with the
              spells. That is by NO way saying that any sane person would create such a
              character ... but. Things like that would certainly be a pain for GMs and
              other weird people like myself :-).

              Message 6 of 8 , Sep 29, 2005
                *goggle* Succubus/Paladin????

                Remind me NOT to game with you! :)

                Barak

                Message 7 of 8 , Sep 29, 2005
                  I can rarely seem to come up with normal stuff ... Although that is still a
                  little south of my normal stuff. I was having fun trying to bend and tweak
                  PCGen a little. Happy to see that it kept up with no problem. Also did an
                  Ogre Magi Psychic Warrior, again not one of my normal unusual characters.