Re: Running on Windows Mobile 2003

  • Joe Medica
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 1, 2005
      Sorry Brad, this has been a little frustrating. I downloaded this
      file: msvbppc.armv4.cab

      It appears to be a zip file. So I should do the following?
      1. Unzip it on my PC and export the files to the PCScry folder there.
      2. Copy the file to the Axim, in the PCScry folder.
      3. Click on the file.

      Correct?

      Sorry, but I want to make sure that its set up correctly.

      Joe

      --- In PCGScry@yahoogroups.com, "Brass Tilde" <brasstilde@i...> wrote:
      > > I have downloaded file that is supposed to be the runtime
      environment,
      > > but I don't see how to get it installed and running.
      >
      > What type of file is it that you downloaded?
      >
      > If it's an MSI, or EXE, just run it on your desktop with your device
      > cradled, and it *should* install the runtime to your device.
      >
      > If it's a zipped CAB file, unzip it and copy the CAB file to an
      > appropriately located and named directory on your device. Then
      execute
      > the CAB file on your Axim, usually just by tapping it once.
      >
      > Brad
    • Joe Medica
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 1, 2005
        OK - It looks like that worked. I should have tried it before I
        replied.

        Thanks loads!

        Joe

        --- In PCGScry@yahoogroups.com, "Joe Medica" <cellowyn2@y...> wrote:
        > Sorry Brad, this has been a little frustrating. I downloaded this
        > file: msvbppc.armv4.cab
        >
        > It appears to be a zip file. So I should do the following?
        > 1. Unzip it on my PC and export the files to the PCScry folder
        there.
        > 2. Copy the file to the Axim, in the PCScry folder.
        > 3. Click on the file.
        >
        > Correct?
        >
        > Sorry, but I want to make sure that its set up correctly.
        >
        > Joe
        >
        > --- In PCGScry@yahoogroups.com, "Brass Tilde" <brasstilde@i...>
        wrote:
        > > > I have downloaded file that is supposed to be the runtime
        > environment,
        > > > but I don't see how to get it installed and running.
        > >
        > > What type of file is it that you downloaded?
        > >
        > > If it's an MSI, or EXE, just run it on your desktop with your
        device
        > > cradled, and it *should* install the runtime to your device.
        > >
        > > If it's a zipped CAB file, unzip it and copy the CAB file to an
        > > appropriately located and named directory on your device. Then
        > execute
        > > the CAB file on your Axim, usually just by tapping it once.
        > >
        > > Brad
      • Brass Tilde
        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 1, 2005
          > Sorry Brad, this has been a little frustrating. I downloaded this
          > file: msvbppc.armv4.cab

          Sorry I wasn't clear on that point.

          Copy that file directly to your Axim, no unzipping required. Put it
          into a folder, separate from your PCGScry folder, one in which you
          intend to have the runtime installed. Some CAB installs don't create
          their own directories, and install themselves to the directory in which
          the CAB file was when it executed. I doubt this one is like that, since
          it's a runtime, but one never knows.

          Then tap it once to execute it. This should install the runtime. BTW,
          it will likely delete the CAB file when it's done, so don't be surprised
          if it's gone.
        • Brass Tilde
          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 1, 2005
            > OK - It looks like that worked. I should have tried it before I
            > replied.

            Don't sweat it; some of them don't work right even when you do
            everything right. :)

            > Thanks loads!

            You're welcome.

            Brad
          • Joe Medica
            Message 5 of 8 , Sep 1, 2005
              OK, let's see how stupid this makes ME look...

              I assume that you create the character in PCGEN, then export it using
              one of the XML sheets to a directory. Then, you move that file onto
              your device, and open it with PCSCRY, correct?

              If so, I am having problems getting the file to load in PCSCRY. I can
              export it using the XML template that is embedded with the installer
              (csheet_pcscry3.xml). When I try to open the file on the device in
              PCSCRY, nothing is displayed. It looks like it trys to open the file,
              but it eventually locaks up and Ihave to hard restart the device.

              When I use the XML sheet one pushed to the site by Barak, it doesn't
              load anything.

              Anyone have any ideas?

              Message 6 of 8 , Sep 2, 2005
                Just copy the cab file onto your PDA, and run it from their. It is like an
                installer.