RE: [PCGScry] Status

    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 28, 2005
      If you are talking about csheet_pcgscry500e.xml, then I would like to hear
      your suggestions or complaints. Keep in mind though if your talking about e
      I tested this with a few different characters, and it worked well. I did
      not have the luxury of trying out a large group of characters.

      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 28, 2005
        Nope, haven't even seen that one.  I fixed up one off of the original authors website.

        I just asked because I saw some note on these forums about large XML files being a problem, and the output sheet on the original site created a lot of empty nodes in the XML that it didn't need to so I fixed it so that it doesn't do that any more.

        Barak

        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 28, 2005

          Download version E from the PCGScry group files list.  That is my latest and greatest.  It worked well, for 5.6.1 and from what I have heard on #PCGen, it still works well.  Let me know.

          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 29, 2005
            --- In PCGScry@yahoogroups.com, "Edwin Holley" <eholley@c...> wrote:
            > Download version E from the PCGScry group files list. That is my
            > latest and greatest. It worked well, for 5.6.1 and from what I
            > have heard on #PCGen, it still works well. Let me know.

            Really? It sure didn't work in 5.8.0 for me. I tried it and the
            spell listing was totally hosed (my Cleric showed no spells at all,
            nor did any other spellcaster when I tested them to see if it was just
            my cleric).

            So, I fixed it. :)

            The issue was that the spellcasting section was using "-1" to point to
            the known spell list and that was deprecated long ago. It needed to
            be "0".

            I also took the opportuinty to change some of the loops from a
            hardcoded/set number to be dynamic by using the COUNT token. That got
            rid of a lot of the extraneous empty nodes that were being generated.

            Anyway, I uploaded "csheet_pcgscry580.zip" to the files area. Give it
            a whirl and if there are issues let me know. Output Sheets are
            somewhat my specialty dontcha know. :)

            Barak
            Message 5 of 8 , Aug 30, 2005
              I am just a lowly Installer Monkey, so OS is not my forte. I can talk to
              Space Monkey, and see if he has made a place on PCGen for the files. I
              would like to include your OS in my installer. Let me know if your
              interested.

              Message 6 of 8 , Aug 30, 2005
                Hehe...

                I can tell you came along after my activity with the PCGen group as an "authoritah figure" subsided somewhat.  I used to be the OS SB.  :)
                So yes, you are more than welcome to include the updated output sheet I uploaded in a new installer.

                If people find something broken (with the sheet that is), feel free to point them my way or have them post to the list and I'll see what I can do about it.

                I'm really hoping you can get someone interested in the program again (as a programmer) as I think it's great already and has a lot of potential.

                Message 7 of 8 , Sep 2, 2005

                  Cool, I will name mine old.  And include yours.  The problem I had with the whole -1 debacle, was that their was no longer a way to pick up all spell books.  My test character was (ok weird) different.  It had racial and clerical spell lists.  It was near impossible for me to get all lists.