Recognize this Issue

  • Lance Springer
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 3, 2004
      Obviously not a lot of activity on this lately -- just want to check
      and make sure I'm not experiencing an issue that's been seen before.

      csheet_pcgscry500b.xml
      PCGScry.vb 1.3.1d/1.3.2
      eMbedded Visual Basic Runtime for Pocket PC 2003
      Dell Axim X30 with Microsoft Windows Mobile 2003 Second Edition

      When installing VB Runtime, I get an error "some things may not
      display correctly" because it's for another version of Windows.
      Fair enough.

      Install PCGScry -- same message. Okay.

      Export to .xml sheet from PC Gen goes fine.

      On the Axim: PCGScry opens fine -- I get a blank character sheet.
      When I open the .xml character sheet, the display doesn't update. I
      can scroll through all the tabs but they're all blank fields
      (i.e. "AC" displays as "10", no equipment shows, no armor shows, no
      ability scores, etc.).

      The spell look-up operates just fine.

      I realize this is most likely due to changes in Windows Mobile 2003
      2nd Edition but wanted to make sure I'm not seeing some other issue
      that has occurred before.

      If there's anyone out there... thanks. :)

      Lance Springer
    • Kent Behrends
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 3, 2004
        Lance:

        On Jun 3, 2004, at 8:09 PM, Lance Springer wrote:

        > csheet_pcgscry500b.xml
        > PCGScry.vb 1.3.1d/1.3.2
        >
        > I realize this is most likely due to changes in Windows Mobile 2003
        > 2nd Edition but wanted to make sure I'm not seeing some other issue
        > that has occurred before.
        >
        > If there's anyone out there... thanks. :)

        I don't have that issue with 2002, sorry. I haven't been able to test
        2003.

        ---
        Kent Behrends
      • Greg Bassett
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 4, 2004
          Try generating a non spell casting character and then bring it in and see if
          you are still getting blank fields. There is an an unfixed issue with the
          spell components of the sheet that cause the character sheet to not display
          properly.

          >From: Kent Behrends <kent.maillist@...>
          >To: PCGScry@yahoogroups.com
          >Subject: Re: [PCGScry] Recognize this Issue
          >Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2004 21:29:21 -0700
          >
          >Lance:
          >
          >On Jun 3, 2004, at 8:09 PM, Lance Springer wrote:
          >
          > > csheet_pcgscry500b.xml
          > > PCGScry.vb 1.3.1d/1.3.2
          > >
          > > I realize this is most likely due to changes in Windows Mobile 2003
          > > 2nd Edition but wanted to make sure I'm not seeing some other issue
          > > that has occurred before.
          > >
          > > If there's anyone out there... thanks. :)
          >
          >I don't have that issue with 2002, sorry. I haven't been able to test
          >2003.
          >
          >---
          >Kent Behrends

        • Lance Springer
          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 5, 2004
            Hope springs eternal.

            But it's denied again this time.

            Simple 1st level Fighter, armor and weapons equipped, nothing else.

            Same results -- nothing but blank fields.

            Thanks for the suggestion.

            --- In PCGScry@yahoogroups.com, "Greg Bassett" <gregorybassett@h...>
            wrote:
            > Try generating a non spell casting character and then bring it in
            and see if
            > you are still getting blank fields. There is an an unfixed issue
            with the
            > spell components of the sheet that cause the character sheet to
            not display
            > properly.
            >

            > >From: Kent Behrends <kent.maillist@b...>
            > >To: PCGScry@yahoogroups.com
            > >Subject: Re: [PCGScry] Recognize this Issue
            > >Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2004 21:29:21 -0700
            > >
            > >Lance:
            > >
            > >On Jun 3, 2004, at 8:09 PM, Lance Springer wrote:
            > >
            > > > csheet_pcgscry500b.xml
            > > > PCGScry.vb 1.3.1d/1.3.2
            > > >
            > > > I realize this is most likely due to changes in Windows Mobile
            2003
            > > > 2nd Edition but wanted to make sure I'm not seeing some other
            issue
            > > > that has occurred before.
            > > >
            > > > If there's anyone out there... thanks. :)
            > >
            > >I don't have that issue with 2002, sorry. I haven't been able to
            test
            > >2003.
            > >
            > >---
            > >Kent Behrends

          • anthony797104
            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 5, 2004
              Try opening the XML charter sheet in Internet Explorer, if you get
              this message 'The XML page cannot be displayed', editing the XML
              with a text editor or other XML editor and replace all the ( and )
              with [ and ]. I have to do this each time to get my charter sheets
              to load. There is a mismatch of opening [ and closing ) which the
              XML loading.

              Also with this edit I have no problems with any size charter sheets,
              I have a Cleric that is 135kb and loads fine.

              --- In PCGScry@yahoogroups.com, "Lance Springer"
              <lance.springer@t...> wrote:
              > Hope springs eternal.
              >
              > But it's denied again this time.
              >
              > Simple 1st level Fighter, armor and weapons equipped, nothing else.
              >
              > Same results -- nothing but blank fields.
              >
              > Thanks for the suggestion.
              >
              > --- In PCGScry@yahoogroups.com, "Greg Bassett"
              <gregorybassett@h...>
              > wrote:
              > > Try generating a non spell casting character and then bring it
              in
              > and see if
              > > you are still getting blank fields. There is an an unfixed
              issue
              > with the
              > > spell components of the sheet that cause the character sheet to
              > not display
              > > properly.
              > >

              > > >From: Kent Behrends <kent.maillist@b...>
              > > >To: PCGScry@yahoogroups.com
              > > >Subject: Re: [PCGScry] Recognize this Issue
              > > >Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2004 21:29:21 -0700
              > > >
              > > >Lance:

              Mobile
              > 2003
              > issue

              > > >I don't have that issue with 2002, sorry. I haven't been able
              > test
              > > >2003.
              > > >
              > > >---
              > > >Kent Behrends

            • Greg Bassett
              Message 6 of 7 , Jun 5, 2004
                nice suggestion, I will try that with my wizard.

              • Greg Bassett
                Message 7 of 7 , Jun 5, 2004
                  This did work for my spellcasting issue, though I am not sure if it will
                  help solve the problem where nothing comes up.

                  I would try making sure you have all the updates loaded and are using the
                  latest xml sheet if you keep getting the blank fields.