Re: PCGScry Beta version 1.3.1c update

    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 21, 2004
      Hey Greg,

      Thanks for the kudos... and for the offer of help!

      I am looking into quite a few problems, the only downside is that for
      the time being we cannot both be in the eVB code at the same time.
      By either 1.3.1d or 1.3.1e (which will become 1.3.2) that will change.

      That being said however I do have a project for you if you would like
      to look into it. Several of the users have reported that large
      character files cannot be loaded into PCGScry. I've been looking
      into it both on the eVB code side and on the xml PCGen Template side
      since I believe it to be a 2 pronged problem.

      I was wondering if you could help me out streamlining the template
      side. I will soon be publishing to the group a
      CSHEET_PCGSCRY500c.xml file that handles most of the streamlining,
      but I'm having problems with getting the WEAPONS, ARMORITEMS, and
      SPELL areas reduced so that the file is smaller on output of xml
      character sheets. I just don't seem to have enough cycles to
      research the xml codes that are required for this.

      I apologize for not getting back to you sooner on this Greg (see
      1.3.1c update 2 for more info). Let me know if you need any help,
      since I normally check this group every 2 days.

      Thanks!

      Murray H. Smith

      --- In PCGScry@yahoogroups.com, "Greg Bassett" <gregorybassett@h...>
      wrote:
      > Bravo, I see you have your work cut out for you, but I am willing
      to take
      > any morsel you are willing to dish out, as I am hungry for good
      programming
      > (and I can't cook that well myself).
      >
      > Good luck
      >
      > Greg
      >

      > >From: "spacy12003" <spacy12003@y...>
      > >To: PCGScry@yahoogroups.com
      > >Subject: [PCGScry] PCGScry Beta version 1.3.1c update
      > >Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2004 21:25:27 -0000
      > >
      > >Hey everyone.
      > >
      > >I know that I had promised a new version this week, but it wasn't
      > >be. I have been able to spend a little bit of time coding so I
      > >haven't been completely idle. I would however like to see if I can
      > >get the save functionality into this release (then I'll be happy).
      > >
      > >Just to show that I haven't been idle, here are the changes that
      I've
> [...]
      > >decimals.
      > >- [MONEY]Fixed the addition of the Money textbox to allow for
      > >decimals.
      > >- [GENERAL]Added a Save button to the menu list so that the user
      can
      > >save at will
      > >- [GENERAL]Modified the Save functionality so that it'll display
      the
      > >status of the Save using the Load screen.
      > >
      > >Working on:
      > >- [GENERAL]Fixed the Save function (and cursing the first UBound
      that
      > >the SaveState routine is hitting that is causing part of the
      problem)
      > >- [GENERAL]Investigating why large characters can't load. So far
      > >I've been able to determine that most of the file is actually
      present
      > >in the variable, I know that there is still some truncation
      happening
      > >due to the size but I'll see what I can do. I'm working with both
      > >the Garen sheet (94.23 Kb) and the Khegan sheet (101.64 Kb) to
      > >troubleshoot the problem.
      > >- [GENERAL]Adding some minimal debugging code to be able to
      > >understand any future problems.
      > >- [XML TEMPLATE]Working on streamlining the PCGEN500b.xml template
      > >ensure that the file is as compact as it can be.
      > >
      > >Still to do:
      > >- [GENERAL]Add logic to the Save State to allow for saves of the
      > >Current Experience label.
      > >- [GENERAL]Add logic to the Save State to allow for saves of the
      > >Money label.
      > >- [GENERAL]Get logic within the application to move the spells xml
      > >sheets and character xml sheets automatically at startup (and
      create
      > >the spells and character directories automatically). [Next Beta
      > >version]
      > >- [GENERAL]Enable logic that will only allow for numeric data to be
      > >typed into certain fields
      > >- [GENERAL]Ability to disable clickable and text entry areas when
      > >data isn't loaded and reenable them when a character is loaded.
      > >- [MAIN]Finish Coding the Sleep 8 hour button (reset the spells and
      > >abilities used during the day).
      > >- [MAIN]Add logic to allow for Special Class abilities
      > > Add Bardic Music (Bards)
      > > Add Turning section (Clerics/Paladins)
      > > Add Rage section (Barbarians)
      > > Add Wholeness of Body section (Monks)
      > > Add Wild shape section (Druid)
      > >- [MAIN]Get the HP to adjust when Con is increased.
      > >- [MAIN]Get the Initiative to auto adjust when the DEX is
      increased.
      > >- [MAIN]Improved the functionality of the reset button so that it
      > >will remove Temp bonuses.
      > >
      > >- [OPTIONAL]Increase Weight allowances when STR is increased.
      > >- [OPTIONAL]Add Domains section (Spellcasters)
      > >- [OPTIONAL]Add Prohibited section (Spellcasters)
      > >- [OPTIONAL]Add Racial Abilities section
      > >- [OPTIONAL]Support spell DC calculation based on feats (Spell
      Focus,