PCGScry Beta version 1.3.1c update

    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 15, 2004
      Hey everyone.

      I know that I had promised a new version this week, but it wasn't to
      be. I have been able to spend a little bit of time coding so I
      haven't been completely idle. I would however like to see if I can
      get the save functionality into this release (then I'll be happy).

      Just to show that I haven't been idle, here are the changes that I've
      coded so far:

      Fixed:
      - [MAIN]Fixed the AC display MSGBOX to add the increases to AC.
      - [BIO]Fixed the addition of the Experience textbox to allow for
      decimals.
      - [MONEY]Fixed the addition of the Money textbox to allow for
      decimals.
      - [GENERAL]Added a Save button to the menu list so that the user can
      save at will
      - [GENERAL]Modified the Save functionality so that it'll display the
      status of the Save using the Load screen.

      Working on:
      - [GENERAL]Fixed the Save function (and cursing the first UBound that
      the SaveState routine is hitting that is causing part of the problem)
      - [GENERAL]Investigating why large characters can't load. So far
      I've been able to determine that most of the file is actually present
      in the variable, I know that there is still some truncation happening
      due to the size but I'll see what I can do. I'm working with both
      the Garen sheet (94.23 Kb) and the Khegan sheet (101.64 Kb) to
      troubleshoot the problem.
      - [GENERAL]Adding some minimal debugging code to be able to
      understand any future problems.
      - [XML TEMPLATE]Working on streamlining the PCGEN500b.xml template to
      ensure that the file is as compact as it can be.

      Still to do:
      - [GENERAL]Add logic to the Save State to allow for saves of the
      Current Experience label.
      - [GENERAL]Add logic to the Save State to allow for saves of the
      Money label.
      - [GENERAL]Get logic within the application to move the spells xml
      sheets and character xml sheets automatically at startup (and create
      the spells and character directories automatically). [Next Beta
      version]
      - [GENERAL]Enable logic that will only allow for numeric data to be
      typed into certain fields
      - [GENERAL]Ability to disable clickable and text entry areas when
      data isn't loaded and reenable them when a character is loaded.
      - [MAIN]Finish Coding the Sleep 8 hour button (reset the spells and
      abilities used during the day).
      - [MAIN]Add logic to allow for Special Class abilities
      Add Bardic Music (Bards)
      Add Turning section (Clerics/Paladins)
      Add Rage section (Barbarians)
      Add Wholeness of Body section (Monks)
      Add Wild shape section (Druid)
      - [MAIN]Get the HP to adjust when Con is increased.
      - [MAIN]Get the Initiative to auto adjust when the DEX is increased.
      - [MAIN]Improved the functionality of the reset button so that it
      will remove Temp bonuses.

      - [OPTIONAL]Increase Weight allowances when STR is increased.
      - [OPTIONAL]Add Domains section (Spellcasters)
      - [OPTIONAL]Add Prohibited section (Spellcasters)
      - [OPTIONAL]Add Racial Abilities section
      - [OPTIONAL]Support spell DC calculation based on feats (Spell Focus,
      etc.)

      That's about it. I hope to be back on schedule for next week, since
      there are quite a few changes to still do.

      Take care and I hope that you all had a great weekend!

      Murray H. Smith
    • Greg Bassett
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 15, 2004
        Bravo, I see you have your work cut out for you, but I am willing to take
        any morsel you are willing to dish out, as I am hungry for good programming
        (and I can't cook that well myself).

        Good luck

        Greg

> [...]
        > Add Turning section (Clerics/Paladins)
        > Add Rage section (Barbarians)
        > Add Wholeness of Body section (Monks)
        > Add Wild shape section (Druid)
        >- [MAIN]Get the HP to adjust when Con is increased.
        >- [MAIN]Get the Initiative to auto adjust when the DEX is increased.
        >- [MAIN]Improved the functionality of the reset button so that it
        >will remove Temp bonuses.
        >
        >- [OPTIONAL]Increase Weight allowances when STR is increased.
        >- [OPTIONAL]Add Domains section (Spellcasters)
        >- [OPTIONAL]Add Prohibited section (Spellcasters)
        >- [OPTIONAL]Add Racial Abilities section
        >- [OPTIONAL]Support spell DC calculation based on feats (Spell Focus,
        >etc.)
        >
        >That's about it. I hope to be back on schedule for next week, since
        >there are quite a few changes to still do.
        >
        >Take care and I hope that you all had a great weekend!

        Plan your next US getaway to one of the super destinations here.
        http://special.msn.com/local/hotdestinations.armx
      • jml@cyberkeep.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 17, 2004
          --- In PCGScry@yahoogroups.com, "spacy12003" <spacy12003@y...> wrote:

          > - [GENERAL]Investigating why large characters can't load. So far
          > I've been able to determine that most of the file is actually present
          > in the variable, I know that there is still some truncation happening
          > due to the size but I'll see what I can do. I'm working with both
          > the Garen sheet (94.23 Kb) and the Khegan sheet (101.64 Kb) to
          > troubleshoot the problem.

          This wouldn't have anything to do with that I am using the WOTC data
          bundles I bought from Code Monkey would it?
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 21, 2004
            Hey Greg,

            Thanks for the kudos... and for the offer of help!

            I am looking into quite a few problems, the only downside is that for
            the time being we cannot both be in the eVB code at the same time.
            By either 1.3.1d or 1.3.1e (which will become 1.3.2) that will change.

            That being said however I do have a project for you if you would like
            to look into it. Several of the users have reported that large
            character files cannot be loaded into PCGScry. I've been looking
            into it both on the eVB code side and on the xml PCGen Template side
            since I believe it to be a 2 pronged problem.

            I was wondering if you could help me out streamlining the template
            side. I will soon be publishing to the group a
            CSHEET_PCGSCRY500c.xml file that handles most of the streamlining,
            but I'm having problems with getting the WEAPONS, ARMORITEMS, and
            SPELL areas reduced so that the file is smaller on output of xml
            character sheets. I just don't seem to have enough cycles to
            research the xml codes that are required for this.

            I apologize for not getting back to you sooner on this Greg (see
            1.3.1c update 2 for more info). Let me know if you need any help,
            since I normally check this group every 2 days.

            Thanks!

            Murray H. Smith

            --- In PCGScry@yahoogroups.com, "Greg Bassett" <gregorybassett@h...>