{Spam?} [PCGScry] Re: Version 1.3.2 (coming soon)

    Message 1 of 19 , Feb 9, 2004
      Is the new one more memory intensive Tom then the old one?

      Just curious...

      Murray.

    • Tom Simpson
      Message 2 of 19 , Feb 9, 2004
        The newer version of PCGen seem to have more memory errors, than the earlier
        versions, that I have seen. I get a lot of out of memory errors. I think it
        was 5.5.5 or 5.5.4 that would run about 5 minutes and wouldn't work due to
        the errors. I just try to keep from staying in it longer than I have to.

        Thanks,
        Tom Simpson
        tsimpson@...

        "The significant problems we are facing today, cannot be solved by the
        same level of thinking that created them." -- Albert Einstein

        Is the new one more memory intensive Tom then the old one?
        Just curious...
        Murray.
        --- In PCGScry@yahoogroups.com, "Tom Simpson" <tsimpson@t...> wrote:
        > The one I had issues with is a 7th level Ranger 1/2 elf, with custom
        > weapons, etc. I also had a resource open in Pcgen (Cityscape I
        think) that
        > was getting exported, even though it wasn't needed/being used for
        the
        > character. I know that Pcgen has a LOT of memory allocation issues,
        so I now
        > load what little that I can when I create a character. I had to get
        them
        > down under 25k or so to get them to load. The ones that were
        problems were
        > about 35k or so. So the one you have is 3 times the size mine was
        > originally.  I also noticed a big difference in the PCGEN file on
        the pc
        > between one that works and one that didn't work on the PPC.
        >

        > Thanks,
        > Tom Simpson
        > tsimpson@t...
        >
        > "The significant problems we are facing today, cannot be solved by
        the
        > same level of thinking that created them." -- Albert Einstein

        Yahoo! Terms of Service .

        > --
        > believed to be clean.
        >

        > --
        > believed to be clean.
        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
        http://rd.yahoo.com/SIG=12csr0tvn/M=267637.4521717.5694185.1261774/D=egroupw
        eb/S=1705057147:HM/EXP=1076469154/A=1945637/R=0/*http://www.netflix.com/Defa
        ult?mqso=60178397&partid=4521717
        http://us.a1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/a/ne/netflix/yhoo0104_b_300250a.gif
        http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=267637.4521717.5694185.1261774/D=egroupweb/
        S=:HM/A=1945637/rand=453847648

      • peliason@mindspring.com
        Message 3 of 19 , Feb 9, 2004
          Will these new versions of PCGScry still be compatible with my old HP Jornada 540 series with the SH3 processor?
          I was able to run older versions in the past. (prior to the dark days of OGL)

          ~Patrick~