{Spam?} [PCGScry] Re: Version 1.3.2 (coming soon)

    Message 1 of 19 , Feb 9, 2004
      There might be an upper limit to the size of the file that it can
      load but I might be able to work around it, however I'd like to be
      able to test it with an existing 'problem' character sheet. It'll
      save me the time of trying to reproduce the results that you guys are
      already getting.

      It'll also save me time so that I can focus on the list of
      enhancements that need to be performed for the next version.

      Let me know...

      Murray.

      Message 2 of 19 , Feb 9, 2004
        Is the new one more memory intensive Tom then the old one?

        Just curious...

        Murray.

      • Tom Simpson
        Message 3 of 19 , Feb 9, 2004
          The newer version of PCGen seem to have more memory errors, than the earlier
          versions, that I have seen. I get a lot of out of memory errors. I think it
          was 5.5.5 or 5.5.4 that would run about 5 minutes and wouldn't work due to
          the errors. I just try to keep from staying in it longer than I have to.

          Thanks,
          Tom Simpson
          tsimpson@...

          "The significant problems we are facing today, cannot be solved by the
          same level of thinking that created them." -- Albert Einstein

          Is the new one more memory intensive Tom then the old one?
          Just curious...
          Murray.
          --- In PCGScry@yahoogroups.com, "Tom Simpson" <tsimpson@t...> wrote:
          > The one I had issues with is a 7th level Ranger 1/2 elf, with custom
          > weapons, etc. I also had a resource open in Pcgen (Cityscape I
          think) that
          > was getting exported, even though it wasn't needed/being used for
          the
          > character. I know that Pcgen has a LOT of memory allocation issues,
          so I now
          > load what little that I can when I create a character. I had to get
          them
          > down under 25k or so to get them to load. The ones that were
          problems were
          > about 35k or so. So the one you have is 3 times the size mine was
          > originally.  I also noticed a big difference in the PCGEN file on
          the pc
          > between one that works and one that didn't work on the PPC.
          >

          > Thanks,
          > Tom Simpson
          > tsimpson@t...
          >
          > "The significant problems we are facing today, cannot be solved by
          the
          > same level of thinking that created them." -- Albert Einstein

          Yahoo! Terms of Service .

          > --
          > believed to be clean.
          >

          > --
          > believed to be clean.
          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
          http://rd.yahoo.com/SIG=12csr0tvn/M=267637.4521717.5694185.1261774/D=egroupw
          eb/S=1705057147:HM/EXP=1076469154/A=1945637/R=0/*http://www.netflix.com/Defa
          ult?mqso=60178397&partid=4521717
          http://us.a1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/a/ne/netflix/yhoo0104_b_300250a.gif
          http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=267637.4521717.5694185.1261774/D=egroupweb/
          S=:HM/A=1945637/rand=453847648

        • peliason@mindspring.com
          Message 4 of 19 , Feb 9, 2004
            Will these new versions of PCGScry still be compatible with my old HP Jornada 540 series with the SH3 processor?
            I was able to run older versions in the past. (prior to the dark days of OGL)

            ~Patrick~