Re: It's been a long time...

    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 4, 2004
      No problem Greg. I intend on using it as much as you guys do. I was
      a previous user of PCGenView on the Palm for over a year, so I'm now
      familiar with both sides of the these types of software. I think
      that PCGScry has quite a bit of potential, and I have to admit that I
      code for a living and I was impressed with Ross's coding style. He
      did a really good job, so I'm trying to keep this true to his coding
      standards, and look and feel of the application.

      I still keep a paper copy for the time being of my sheets, but mostly
      just for 2 weapon fighting, missile weapon upkeep and the like.

      I just hope that you enjoy 1.3.1b when it comes out this weekend. I
      haven't spent much time on it all in all, but it should still have
      several changes to it.

      Thanks Greg and I'll talk to you later.

      Murray H. Smith

      --- In PCGScry@yahoogroups.com, "Greg Bassett" <gregorybassett@h...>

      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 4, 2004
        Sorry about the 2 links, here they are again:
        http://www.metacraft.com/PCGScry/#download

        http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/resources/downloads/developer/e
        vb.mspx

        Murray.

        href="http://www.metacraft.com/PCGScry/#download">http://www.metacraft
        > .com/PCGScry/#download</a>
        > All you need to do is copy the cab file to a directory on the
        Pocket

        href="http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/resources/downloads/devel

        oper/evb.mspx">http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/resources/downlo
        > ads/developer/evb.mspx</a>
        >
        > As for whether the app can be run off of an expansion card... I
        have
        > to admit that I haven't tried it although someone might be able to
        > give more input on this.
        >
        > I'm still fairly new at the Pocket PC thing myself since I've only
        > had mine since the end of Dec, and even then it's been at HP more
        > often then not. *SIGH* I've learned never to install their
        firmware
        > upgrades or perform a hard reset. One of these doesn't work
        properly
        > on my model, and after 2 tries without my PPC I don't want to go
        for
        > a third.
        >
        > I hope that this helps...
        >
        > Murray H. Smith
        >
        > --- In PCGScry@yahoogroups.com, "Brass Tilde" <brasstilde@i...>
        wrote:
        > > > I would like to know if what everyone thinks of these changes
        and
        > > > enhancements... You might even have others and I'd like to hear
        > about
        > > > them.
        > >
        > > I've been subscribed to this list for some time, but have only
        > recently
        > > gotten a PocketPC device. Is there an installation program, or
        do
        > I just
        > > copy stuff? Is this a .NET application, or embedded VB? If the
        > latter, how
        > > big is the runtime, and can I run it off of an expansion card?
      • Greg Bassett
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 4, 2004
          I beleive that if you load the main file from metacraft and then run it on a
          PPC 2003 device, it will automatically try and connect and get the embedded
          VB files you will need.

          Greg

> [...]
          > > upgrades or perform a hard reset. One of these doesn't work
          >properly
          > > on my model, and after 2 tries without my PPC I don't want to go
          >for
          > > a third.
          > >
          > > I hope that this helps...
          > >
          > > Murray H. Smith
          > >
          > > --- In PCGScry@yahoogroups.com, "Brass Tilde" <brasstilde@i...>
          >and
          > > about
          > > >
          > > > I've been subscribed to this list for some time, but have only
          > > recently
          > > > gotten a PocketPC device. Is there an installation program, or
          >do
          > > I just
          > > > copy stuff? Is this a .NET application, or embedded VB? If the
          > > latter, how
          > > > big is the runtime, and can I run it off of an expansion card?

          Find high-speed �net deals � comparison-shop your local providers here.
          https://broadband.msn.com