Re: Question

  • jml@cyberkeep.com
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 31, 2004
      --- In PCGScry@yahoogroups.com, "Tom Simpson" <tsimpson@t...> wrote:
      > That's the problem I was having until I redid the character sheet.
      Murray
      > and I think it might be file size. How big is the exported xml? I
      can't get
      > anything to work over about 24-25KB at the most. But I also noticed
      that the
      > PCGEN file was also larger, and was thinking it was garbage left
      over from
      > an earlier version of PCGEN in the file. Can you get the sample
      codemonkey
      > character with PCGEN to export and load?

      The two the did not work, one was 91K and the other was 124K. The one
      that works is 19K.
      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 2, 2004
        Those are pretty big... Can you post the biggest? Today is the first
        day back with my PPC. It's been a long time, but there are quite a
        few things that I want to work on.

        Which version of PCGen are you using and with which template?

        Just curious... Thanks jml.

        Murray.

      • jml@cyberkeep.com
        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 12, 2004
          --- In PCGScry@yahoogroups.com, "spacy12003" <spacy12003@y...> wrote:
          > Those are pretty big... Can you post the biggest? Today is the first
          > day back with my PPC. It's been a long time, but there are quite a
          > few things that I want to work on.
          >
          > Which version of PCGen are you using and with which template?

          Ok I uploaded the larger character, I swear it was a bit larger, but
          it says it is a 102kb. It is the Khegan.xml character, I used the
          newer xml file to export the character.
        • jml@cyberkeep.com
          Message 4 of 10 , Feb 12, 2004
            > Ok I uploaded the larger character, I swear it was a bit larger, but
            > it says it is a 102kb. It is the Khegan.xml character, I used the
            > newer xml file to export the character.

            In fact I have uploaded both of my non working characters.
            Message 5 of 10 , Feb 13, 2004
              Cool. Thanks jml. It'll save me quite a bit of time trying to
              reproduce the problem. I'll be downloading them to my PPC and I'll
              see what type of errors I encounter. I'll keep you posted. I've
              been trying to work on the new code this week, but I haven't had much
              time since I've been moving off to a new job this week.

              I'll keep you all posted if the next Beta release is still on track.
              I've got stuff coded, but I haven't tested it as much as the other
              times, so I'll probably wait another week that way I can fix the
              Saving problem and the Loading problem.

              I'll keep you posted.

              Message 6 of 10 , Feb 13, 2004
                No problem jml. I'll test both of them on my Ipaq 5550 with PPC 2003
                and see when I get the problem, what needs to be done to resolve it.

                Take care and have a great week-end!