Re: can't seem to get this to work with my new handheld

  • darkerstill2001
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 14, 2003
      I'm having the same problem with Pocket PC 2003 and the Dell Axim
      X5, my friend using Pocket PC 2002 has no problems. It could be that
      2003 no-longer supports eVB as standard and needs software to make
      it backward compatible?

      Also how do you run eVB, I've downloaded and installed everything I
      could find on eVB with no luck. Any help would be greatly
      appreciated.

      P.S The Intel's XScale chip is an ARM based processor that was
      modified for Intel.

      Regards,

      Tony

      --- In PCGScry@yahoogroups.com, "ipnoom" <gregorybassett@h...> wrote:
      > I use to use this program with my Ipaq 3650 and had no problem
      with
      > it, but I recently upgraded to an Ipaq 4150, and I have had no
      luck
      > getting the program to load any characters. The program loads
      fine
      > but when I go to open an xml sheet, nothing comes up. I have
      tried
      > multiple copies of pcgen in combination with the xml output sheets
      > available, but I never get it to load on my handheld (I have
      opened
      > up the xml file, the data is in there).
      >
      > I don't know if I am doing anything wrong or what. Is there a
      > conflict with pocketpc 2003? or perhaps with the Ipaq 4155? if
      > anyone is using the more recent versions of Pcgen with the pcgscry
      > without difficulty, please let me know.
      >
      > Thanks
      >
      > Greg
    • Tom Simpson
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 27, 2003
        I have a Ipaq 3835 that I have never gotten pcgscry to work on at
        all. It will run but won't display the character sheets at all. I
        have been trying this off and on for the better part of a year and a
        half now. I upgraded to PocketPC 2003 the other day, and hoping that
        it would fix the problem, reinstalled it after getting the handheld
        flashed, and still no joy. It's no better than it was with 2002. I
        got EVB to work with 2003 with just the one download from M$, so the
        EVB problem might be the strongarm chip, my 3835 uses the ARM chip.

        I also emailed the author the other day and found out he no longer
        works on pcgscry. Does anyone know of anything that might be written
        or in the works by another author? Or does anyone know how to make
        this problem go away with 2002 or 2003?

        --- In PCGScry@yahoogroups.com, "darkerstill2001" <darkside55@b...>