Hello from CA

  • Traci Van Deest
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 2, 2005
      Hey everybody!!

      Just wanted to let you all know that we made it to Chico CA without any major hassles. Got into the apartment and are getting settled. Just looking for some furniture to have a living room.  Oh and jobs would be nice.  mostly just wanted to give y'all our new info.

      Address
      10 Green Acres Ct #5
      Chico CA 95926

      (yes I am living in Green acres)

      Phone
      530-898-0733

      Cell
      319-331-9765

      Well I'll write more later on, now off to find a couch.

      Love and Miss you all
      Traci
    • Karla Osorio-Perez
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 9, 2005
        hi tracy!

        how are you doing?  --  it was great to receive news from you.  what are you doing in california?   did you move with sara?  and... how couch?  !!   are you trying to be in a team?  ...of what?

        i moved to new york, after peace corps, and i got a job in the brooklyn botanic garden.  i lived with 3 more roommates about 45 min. by bus from my job.  it's nice uphere and the summer is crazy... but i love it!!   i also went to pr this summer ...was great.

        okay... hope to hear from you later.
        and this is my contact info. too...
        chao!
         \\ kop

        Traci Van Deest <tlvandeest@...> escribió:
        Hey everybody!!

        Just wanted to let you all know that we made it to Chico CA without any major hassles. Got into the apartment and are getting settled. Just looking for some furniture to have a living room.  Oh and jobs would be nice.  mostly just wanted to give y'all our new info.

        Address
        10 Green Acres Ct #5
        Chico CA 95926

        (yes I am living in Green acres)

        Phone
        530-898-0733

        Cell
        319-331-9765

        Well I'll write more later on, now off to find a couch.

        Love and Miss you all
        Traci

        Karla Osorio-Perez
        602 Union Ave. #4
        Brooklyn, NY 11211
        631.521.0657

        Correo Yahoo!

      • Traci Van Deest
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 15, 2005

          Hey Karla!

          It was good to hear how you are doing. Well it seems.  And New York, the big time.  I actually was considering going to New York University for graduate school but it was going to be too expensive between housing and tuition.  So I ended up at California State University in Chico.  I have meet some of my professors and I think that I am going to like it here.  Sarah came with me and things are going quite well between us.  It has been a little stressful trying to find jobs and pay the bills all at the same time.  She was working a as police officer and unfortunately her certification did not transfer to CA but she has applied for a waiver so as not to attend the Police Academy again.  We are still waiting to hear back.  She has some applications out for other jobs and I am trying to find a good paying part time job.  Hopefully something will come up.

          The other day we were looking for a couch (furniture, not coach as in team) and did not find anything.  We went all over town looking at thrift stores with no luck.  We ended up finding a nice set of leather sofa and chair at a yard sale for as much as the thrift stores were charging for old stained and falling apart stuff.

          Sounds like things are going well with you and how great that you got to go back to PR.  How was the trip?  What do you do at the Gardens?  I would love to hear more.

          Well Take care and hope to hear from you again soon

          Love

          Traci