Reunion!!!

  • Christopher E. Clement
    Message 1 of 14 , May 10, 2007
      Reunion!!! Hello everyone,

      I am so excited to see some of you this summer!  I actually will be in DC for the duration of the summer working with a community development corporation.  That being said, any of the proposed dates would work for me.  I would be happy to help out organizing things when we get closer to the date.  Until then, I am in the throes of finishing my semester and preparing for a jaunt in Guatemala before graduation (alas, I am not graduating, just participating in various ways).  I should be in DC starting early June.  Hope everyone is well.

      Take care,
      Christopher

      P.S. Spring just hit several days ago here in lovely New Haven, CT, makes me giddy with the anticipation of summer fun.

    • Christa Bruce

          Message 4 of 14 , May 19, 2007
            mike and i are coming in on july 27th. wish i could come sooner, but i have
            a final on the 21st. hopefully - all you DC people will be able to hang out
            with us.

            >From: "Christa Bruce" <chbru19@...>
            >To: PCElSalAg42002@yahoogroups.com
            >Subject: Re: [PCElSalAg42002] Reunion!!!
            >Date: Sat, 19 May 2007 09:51:20 -0400
            >
            >ps - I vote for the 14.
            >
            >On 5/19/07, Christa Bruce <chbru19@...> wrote:
            >>
            >>So, it looks like July 14 or the 20th is what most people want. So,
            >>please vote for one or the other and then we can all put it in our books
            >>and
            >>Lucas can buy an airline ticket.
            >>
            >>And for everyone who has called, I promise to return your calls when I get
            >>back from the Dominican.
            >>
            >>VOTE!
            >>
            >>Christa
            >>
            >>On 5/10/07, Christopher E. Clement <clementcee@...> wrote:
            >> >
            >> > Hello everyone,
            >> >
            >> > I am so excited to see some of you this summer! I actually will be in
            >> > DC for the duration of the summer working with a community development
            >> > corporation. That being said, any of the proposed dates would work for
            >>me.
            >> > I would be happy to help out organizing things when we get closer to
            >>the
            >> > date. Until then, I am in the throes of finishing my semester and
            >>preparing
            >> > for a jaunt in Guatemala before graduation (alas, I am not graduating,
            >>just
            >> > participating in various ways). I should be in DC starting early June.
            >> > Hope everyone is well.
            >> >
            >> > Take care,
            >> > Christopher
            >> >
            >> > P.S. Spring just hit several days ago here in lovely New Haven, CT,
            >> > makes me giddy with the anticipation of summer fun.

            Like the way Microsoft Office Outlook works? You�ll love Windows Live
            Hotmail.
            http://imagine-windowslive.com/hotmail/?locale=en-us&ocid=TXT_TAGHM_migration_HM_mini_outlook_0507
          • Jared and Christy
            Message 5 of 14 , May 19, 2007
              What's taking you to the Dominican? We are actually going to be there the weekend of the 14th, so that's out for us for the DC reunion.  I wanna hear about where you're staying and doing there. We're just going for a short fun trip sin el ninito!!! When do you leave?

              los Bartley

              Message 6 of 14 , May 19, 2007
                Oh, July 27th is SO much better for me.  I change my vote.  I vote for the 27th.

                Everyone else vote for either the 14 or 27.

                The 27!!!

                On 5/19/07, mary sacra <jillsacra@...> wrote:
                mike and i are coming in on july 27th. wish i could come sooner, but i have
                a final on the 21st. hopefully - all you DC people will be able to hang out
                with us.

                >From: "Christa Bruce" < chbru19@...>
                >To: PCElSalAg42002@yahoogroups.com
                >Subject: Re: [PCElSalAg42002] Reunion!!!
                >Date: Sat, 19 May 2007 09:51:20 -0400
                >
                >ps - I vote for the 14.
                >
                >On 5/19/07, Christa Bruce <chbru19@... > wrote:
                >>
                >>So, it looks like July 14 or the 20th is what most people want.  So,
                >>please vote for one or the other and then we can all put it in our books
                >>and
                >>Lucas can buy an airline ticket.
                >>
                >>And for everyone who has called, I promise to return your calls when I get
                >>back from the Dominican.
                >>
                >>VOTE!
                >>
                >>Christa
                >>
                >>On 5/10/07, Christopher E. Clement < clementcee@...> wrote:
                >> >
                >> >    Hello everyone,
                >> >
                >> > I am so excited to see some of you this summer!  I actually will be in
                >> > DC for the duration of the summer working with a community development
                >> > corporation.  That being said, any of the proposed dates would work for
                >>me.
                >> >  I would be happy to help out organizing things when we get closer to
                >>the
                >> > date.  Until then, I am in the throes of finishing my semester and
                >>preparing
                >> > for a jaunt in Guatemala before graduation (alas, I am not graduating,
                >>just
                >> > participating in various ways).  I should be in DC starting early June.
                >> >  Hope everyone is well.
                >> >
                >> > Take care,
                >> > Christopher
                >> >
                >> > P.S. Spring just hit several days ago here in lovely New Haven, CT,
                >> > makes me giddy with the anticipation of summer fun.
                >> >
                >> >   >

                <*> Your email settings:
                    Individual Email | Traditional

                <*> To change settings online go to:
                    (Yahoo! ID required)

                <*> To change settings via email:
                    mailto:PCElSalAg42002-digest@yahoogroups.com
                    mailto:PCElSalAg42002-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

              • Robert Lange
                Message 7 of 14 , May 19, 2007
                  I say the 27th but either works for us and if there is
                  anything we can do to help we will do it; place to
                  stay, whatever.

                  ____________________________________________________________________________________Take the Internet to Go: Yahoo!Go puts the Internet in your pocket: mail, news, photos & more.
                  http://mobile.yahoo.com/go?refer=1GNXIC
                • Sabra Jensen
                  Message 8 of 14 , May 26, 2007
                    OK, so of course I'm responding years late, but I vote for July 14th because
                    I am going to a wedding at the end of July. 14th!

                    Live Hotmail.
                  • mary sacra
                    Message 9 of 14 , May 30, 2007

                      Hey guys,

                      I booked my flight to Baltimore for the weekend of July 27th! Its the only weekend I could come. I hope to see as many of you as possible!

                      Jill

                      PC Magazine�s 2007 editors� choice for best Web mail�award-winning Windows Live Hotmail.
                    • Christopher Clement
                      Message 10 of 14 , Jun 19, 2007
                        Hey group,

                        I am writing to you from the sweltering heat of our nation's lovely capital.  I have been down for a couple of weeks, interning with a community developer.  Initially, I was living in NE DC, smack in the middle of the projects, in one of the developments that my employed built years ago.  After a couple of nights marked by shootings in the stairwells and latenight police interventions, I thought it prudent to look elsewhere for accomodations.  Though one man did refer to me as a "black man" in the elevator at one point, I doubt that I would have managed to blend in well. In an act of staggering generosity, our own Bob invited me to housesit at his place in Adam's Morgan for the summer.  Needless to say, I am much happier with this situation, as I do find some comfort in being serenaded to sleep by the howler monkeys in the nearby zoo and not closeby gunshots in the night.  By the way, Bob is off now in rural Pennsylvannia writing, enjoying the tranquil countryside with Doug, and spending time with his daughter and her newborn.

                        Which leads me to a question.  We had tentatively spoken of a reunion in July.  The dates thrown out were the weekend of the 13th or the 27th.  Aside from those of us in the area, who is planning on passing through DC for the reunion, and when might that be?  Bob is offering up his place for whatever use we see fit, and we are both interested in nailing down some dates to plan around.  What say you all?

                        For anyone passing through the area this summer, I would love to see you.

                        Take care,
                        Christopher
                      • mary sacra
                        Message 11 of 14 , Jun 19, 2007

                          I will be there the weekend of July 27th - I already purchased my ticket. On Friday night i will be in Baltimore to see my college friends. I was hoping we could all get together (whoever is in DC/Baltimore) that Saturday and Saturday night...

                          Thoughts???....

                          Message 12 of 14 , Jul 2, 2007
                            I was planning on it.