Re: [PBY] Re: [B-24] CNN.com - Historic passenger plane crashes off Seattlecoast - Mar...

  • SEAN MILLIGAN
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 31, 2002
      Hello Allan !

      USAAF B-29s plus TBFs (and I believe PB4Ys) conducted quit a few mining
      operations late in the war.

      Best

      Sean, OVER

      Sean Paul Milligan

      NAS Quonset Point

      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 1, 2002
        Sean:I'm trying to hook him up with Dean Allard, retired head of the Naval
        Historical Center, for leads on that. Dr. Allard probably knows more about
        where all that stuff could be found than anybody. I think Bob is going to
        be in Washington for just a short time - he'll be at a conference in
        Woodstock, Vermont, from the 9th to the 14th, so am trying to contact him.

        It's funny - I once spent a lot of time corresponding with the widow of the
        officer who had been Kincaid's Air Officer on the return to the Philippines.
        She even left me money in her will! But I've really never paid much
        attention to 7th Fleet - MacArthur's Navy!

        allan_lebaron@...

      • Allan LeBaron
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 1, 2002
          Sean:

          Thanks for that info. Do you use Google.com for a search engine. It is
          amazingly fast. I put 7th Fleet, WWII, and Mining on it and in seconds it
          had everything about VP-17 which I guess was a PB4Y-2 outfit engaged in
          mining.

          allan_lebaron@...