Catalina Memorial, Western Australia.

  • hkuil
    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 1, 2002
      Hello members.

      Received the following message from Andy Wright.
      He is not a PBY member, so any reply will not reach him.
      Andy spoke to the president of the Catalina Club,
      a Mr Robins who put him onto Ivan Pearce after a run down
      on what's hapening. The aircraft is at Perth airport with
      the fuse shrinkwrapped and everything else in seatainers.
      Aircraft is visible over the fence in the security zone
      which is, unfortunately, closed on the weekend. However,
      after more info, Ivan told me to ring Ted Carraseck who has
      the keys for the seatainers and can get me in.

      The PBY building is yet to be started although it has been
      designed. Construction is due to commence in April, a public
      fundraising drive will be started up to pay for the building.

      The gentlemen I spoke to were brilliant and rather amusing.
      I will be meeting Mr Carraseck tomorrow to arrange a visit
      to the Cat for next Friday. Mr Robins flew Cats in the SWPA
      and Ivan flew them out of Crawley, including the extreme long
      distance flights to Ceylon. Have a corker, Andy.
    • haries@webtv.net
      Message 2 of 11 , Feb 1, 2002
        Group, The Advance order address for On Hells Perimeters (VP/VPB23) by
        Don Klotz was incorrect. Here is correction. EAKIN PRESS, P.O.
        Drawer 90159, Austin,Tx. 78709-0159 This from Don Klotz Editor Black
        Cat Log. Regards, Hank N7GGC