RE: [PBY] LAKE BOGA

  • Bob Cleworth
    Message 1 of 11 , Jun 9 6:45 PM

      David

      The wiki site is a bit skimpy and I suggest from our point of view that anyone interested should beg, borrow or whatever Brett Freeman’s Lake Boga at War the book also has an extensive Bibliography for those who want to delve deeper including William C Foster’s Sir Thomas Livingston Mitchell and His World 1792-1855. But for Catalina freaks Brett’s book is good reading – Among occupiers of this Secret Base ( more so for what it did than the secrecy of it location)  were the RAAF, The USN, NEI Marine Air Service and the US 5th AF I believe Lake Boga was a chosen as it was beyond the range of Japanese carrier based aircraft; Darwin, Bowen, Cairns in the early days were not! Necessity I believe is the father of invention?

      Bob Cleworth

      Message 2 of 11 , Jun 9 6:54 PM
        Yes, I would really like to get that book.  Right now it is $145 to $256 (US) on the ABE books website.  All the copies are in OZ.  Is this book out of print?

        Bob Bergstrom

        Sent: Sunday, June 09, 2013 6:45 PM

        Message 3 of 11 , Jun 9 7:57 PM
          I am not sure - Bob Bullivant who lives not far from you north of Seattle has a copy- have you thought about trying Lake Boga Museum - they have a small book shop and Brett is a local there, I think he is still with us - try Googling it! You could be lucky
          All the best
          Bob

          Sent from my iPhone

          Sent: Sunday, June 09, 2013 6:45 PM

          Message 4 of 11 , Jun 9 9:05 PM
            Hello members.

            The book "Lake Boga at War" is hard to find at a reasonable price.
            Long time ago I found one and had it mailed to Larry Katz and he was Extremely happy with it.
            Has anybody heard from Larry Katz lately?

            Greetings, Heijo.

            To: PBY@yahoogroups.com

            Sent: Sunday, June 09, 2013 6:45 PM

              Sent: Sunday, June 09, 2013 6:45 PM