Re: [PBY] number one

  • Jim Stephens
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 4 1:09 PM
      I have some logs from the late 30's from an aviator who in flew about one of everything, including PBY.  I'll post scans or info when I get back home to look it up.
      Jim

      On 3/30/2013 7:53 PM, Mark Aldrich wrote:
      The first airplane was BuNo. 9459.  It served until stricken at the NAF in Philadelphia on 28Jun44.  Scrapped there shortly after.  I would dearly love to find a wartime photo of the airplane.  Mark Aldrich

      To: PBY@yahoogroups.com
      From: GeorgeSS132@...
      Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2013 02:46:02 +0000
      Subject: [PBY] number one

      AFTER SEEING THAT THE FIRST CATALINA FLEW IN 1935, THE QUESTION, "IS IT STILL IN EXISTENCE TODAY?" MIGHT ARISE. I SUPPOSE THERE COULD BE A LITTLE BIT OF HISTORY WRITTEN SOMEPLACE IN RE TO OR ABOUT THIS, TIME ON ENGINE AND AIRFRAME, ETC????  ...........DAVID? -- GeoSS