Re: [PBY] RE: N427CV

  • Craig Benbow
    Message 1 of 15 , Jan 1, 2013
      On 01/01/2013 08:49 PM, starship@... wrote:

      > N427CV arrived in Natal, Brazil yesterday after a 12 hour 40 minute
      > Atlantic crossing.
      >
      > San Diego is the final destination.

      Great news, must have had a good tail wind. By my calculations if it
      was 3500km the old girl was cranking along at around 170mph.

      Still a few good legs to go yet but knocking the miles off.

      Craig
    • Mark Aldrich
      Message 2 of 15 , Jan 15, 2013
        Group,

        N427CV is safely back in North America.  Now resident in SoCal.

        Mark A.
      • Tory SulllIvan
        Message 3 of 15 , Jan 15, 2013
          Which airfield is that?

          Tory

          On Jan 15, 2013, at 7:36 PM, Mark Aldrich <mark457@...> wrote:

          Group,

          N427CV is safely back in North America.  Now resident in SoCal.

          Mark A.
          <N427CV PBY (15)L.jpg>
          <N427CV PBY (30)L.jpg>
        • Mark Aldrich
          Message 4 of 15 , Jan 15, 2013
            Sorry, not allowed to say yet.

            CC: pby@yahoogroups.com
            To: PBY@yahoogroups.com

            Message 5 of 15 , Jan 15, 2013
              Brown Field.  It's been 30 years, but my Dad flew out of there.  Tough pic to judge from, but put me down for that guess.  Only 70/30, but thinking out loud...

              ;0)

              Tory

              Sent from a tablet...imprecise fingers on tiny keyboard

              On Jan 15, 2013, at 7:54 PM, Mark Aldrich <mark457@...> wrote:

              Sorry, not allowed to say yet.

              CC: pby@yahoogroups.com
              To: PBY@yahoogroups.com

              Message 6 of 15 , Jan 16, 2013

                Gillespie Field in El Cajon.  It’s now public knowledge.

                “The aircraft is the 46th in Slattery’s collection and will eventually be on display in a “Greatest Generation Naval Museum,” that he intends to open in the coming months.”

                Nick

                Message 7 of 15 , Jan 17, 2013
                  That was my second guess!  I checked it on google earth, and there appeared to be more homes and businesses in the background on the map vs the photo.  Good to know she's safe!

                  Message 8 of 15 , Jan 17, 2013
                    The first two pictures were taken at Brown Field when the airplane came in to clear customs.  She is now safe at her new home at Gillespie.  Mark

                    CC: PBY@yahoogroups.com
                    To: PBY@yahoogroups.com

                    Message 9 of 15 , Jan 17, 2013
                    • Craig Benbow
                      Message 10 of 15 , Jan 17, 2013
                        On 01/18/2013 04:06 PM, Craig Benbow wrote:
                        > On 01/18/2013 02:10 PM, Mark Aldrich wrote:
                        >> Greatest Generation Naval Museum
                        >
                        > http://beforeitsnews.com/motor-junkies/2013/01/san-diego-union-tribune-had-a-cool-story-today-a-ww2-pby-catalina-patrol-plane-was-flown-into-san-diego-2456928.html

                        Sorry should have included this one:

                        http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2013/jan/15/businessman-brings-WWII-plane-home/