Norman Taylor's e-mail and picture

  • David Legg
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 1, 2000
      Norman & Group

      The PBY-5A in Norman's picture is Royal Ddanish Air Force serial number
      L-853. This aircraft was built by Canadian Vickers at Cartierville as a
      Canso A RCAF serial 11034, constructors number CV-316. It carried three
      RDAF serials, initially FM53 then 82-853 befoe finally L-853. It crashed
      during a water landing at Gilleleje 11th December 1969.

      David Legg: Editor, The Catalina News, The Catalina Society
      david_legg@...
    • Nicolai Musante
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 1, 2000
        Hi...

        Just an addition, this PBY was named "Pluto" and the wreck was recovered 6th
        January 1970. I have no ides what happened to it afterwards.

        Rgds

        Nicolai Musante
        Copenhagen, Denmark
        AVIATION PHOTOGRAPHY