Re: [PBY] Dave McLeaods message re PBY at Halifax

  • Ragnar J Ragnarsson
    Message 1 of 15 , Aug 2, 2000
      David,

      I don't think #08067 became NC33301, but rather that it was #08087 as
      Mark mentioned. #08067 served with the USN, VP-62 and CGAS San Diego,
      until stricken on 31Jan47. #08087, however, was transferred from
      Consolidated to Defense Supplier Corp. on 12Sep42.

      Regards,
      Ragnar

      Message 2 of 15 , Aug 3, 2000
        Ragnar - good spot. Just as well someone is awake. You are quite correct.
        My reference to Bu08067 should read Bu08087. Thanks for pointing this out
        as I had replicated this error (presumably a typo originally) in a couple of
        places in my data files. So, whilst I knew the correct identity, it had
        been recorded incorrectly. Many thanks indeed. I think we are both agreed
        that Bu08067 did not become CF-HFL but that this was Bu05021.