Re: Catalina blisters and bow turret

  • mark_pilkington2000
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 1, 2007
      David,

      I have Rays contact details and photos of his Blisters etc, you have
      my work email address??

      regards

      Mark Pilkington

      --- In PBY@yahoogroups.com, "David Legg" <davidlegg@...> wrote:

      > Not a Canso but the PBY-6A that has been in store in Portugal for
      some time has been acquired by an Australian group that plans to fly
      it to OZ in due course. Longer-term plans are to install blisters
      and a bow turret. Aside from Google/e-Bay searches, does anyone
      know of a source? Answers via me and I'll forward. I'm aware of
      the item recently for sale in England but that was not a complete
      blister and not of use to this project.

      > Doe anyone have an up-to-date e-mail address for Ray Williams at
      Nanaimo, BC?

      > Thanks in advance.
      > David Legg
      > Editor: The Catalina News
      > The Catalina Society

    • David Legg
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 1, 2007
        Thanks Bob and good to hear from you.  I'm guessing here but I suspect that the Southampton contact was probably someone connected with the purchase of the hulk of our old VP-BPS that had the waterloop on Southampton Water.  The blisters were more or less un-scathed in that incident and remained on the hull but it may be that they were for sale as a money-making exercise to finance the ongoing rebuild - which of course failed and the project was later sold in Ireland, still with blisters.

        I may be completely wrong of course.

        David Legg
        Editor: The Catalina News
        The Catalina Society