Re: [PBY] Re: CF-FOQ

  • Louis Dorny
    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 1, 2005
      Hello, Stan…  Lou here.  You said your home in Nanaimo, BC.  Cool.  I worked for the USN at Keyport WA for several years in the 1980s, and often flew through Nanaimo for customs and gas on the contract floatplane service Keyport used to move us between Keyport and the CF base at Ranch Point and Nanoose, where the CF+USN proofed torpedoes in the instrumented range in the Straits of Georgia.  Nanaimo is beautiful.  Don't get up that way any more now.  Bummer.

      Cheers, Lou
      Message 2 of 10 , Dec 1, 2005
        Hi LOU... Yuppers, the torpedo testing range is still very active on
        a regular basis at Nanoose Bay and the Winchelsea Ise group (Whiskey
        Gulf). My parents, (civillian) were care-takers of the Winchelsea
        Island facilities for 14 years, Peter and Millie Strazza. They have
        both past away since. As a matter of fact I have just completed
        seven weeks with Vancuver Pile Driving at the Nanoose Bay facility
        repairing the concrete floats that had sunk, bending the steel 3/4"
        pipe piles all to hell. Yes, your right, it's gorgrous country here.
        I really enjoy the open-house every year at the Ranch Point
        facilities, the Americans sure have the best, equipment, far
        superior to us Canucks. Just take a look at the gear they are using
        to those torprdoes. Awesome stuff.
        The military seems to spare no cost handling those high tech fish,
        civilian choppers and all, with ships galore. Thanx Lou for your
        message I appreciate the chat eh! I wish you a Mery Christmas to you
        and your family. Bye for now.
        ahoy!
        Stan (the man) Strazza

        --- In PBY@yahoogroups.com, "Louis Dorny" <NPO21@m...> wrote:

        > Hello, Stan. Lou here. You said your home in Nanaimo, BC.
        Cool. I worked for the USN at Keyport WA for several years in the
        1980s, and often flew through Nanaimo for customs and gas on the
        contract floatplane service Keyport used to move us between Keyport
        and the CF base at Ranch Point and Nanoose, where the CF+USN proofed
        torpedoes in the instrumented range in the Straits of Georgia.
        Nanaimo is beautiful. Don't get up that way any more now. Bummer.

        > Cheers, Lou

      • Stanley Strazza
        Message 3 of 10 , Jun 16, 2007
          Heijo....Howdy, Could you walk me through on how to put pix on the
          photo lnk here at the PBY. Catalina/ Canso site. I have tried until
          I'm blue in the face......I would love to share my notes and pix with
          all the members as soon as I learn how to send them to the pcture or
          file links..........Thanx eh!
          Stanley Strazza

          --- In PBY@yahoogroups.com, "hkuil" <hkuil@...> wrote:

          > Hello Stan and members.
          >
          > Stan, can you share some of the information you have compiled
          > on CF-FOQ with the group members?
          >
          > Greetings, Heijo.
          >

          > Stan wrote:
          > Hello once again group members, I am doing well on my info search on
          > the CF-FOQ Canso-A that remains all over Mt.Benson, here in Nanaimo.
          > Thanx for your help in this group. Bye for now, Stan the man.

        • Heijo Kuil
          Message 4 of 10 , Jun 16, 2007
            Hello Stanley and members.

            The description below explains how to put pictures on our PBY group
            web-site.

            Go to our PBY group web-site at:
            Select "SIGN IN" at the top of the page and fill in your "Yahoo! ID" and
            "Password"
            and select "SIGN IN".

            Select "Add Photo" or "Create Album"
            Fill in "Album Name" and "Description" and select "continue"
            On the "Add Photos" select the "Browse" button" next to "Photo 1"
            Browse on your computer to select the picture you want to add.
            Fill in "Photo Name" and "Description"
            Repeat the last lines to add Photo 2, and on.....
            Afterwards select "Add Now" at the bottom of the page.

            Greetings, Heijo.