RE: [PBY] Jim Sawruk's PBY book.

  • James Sawruk
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 1, 2005
      Heiji,

      As it turns out, I have not committed to this yet but would like to do it.
      A lack of time due to work and family has prevented me from even getting it
      started at this point. Now that my mother-in-law has passed away from her
      cancers due to smoking, I may have some time to do the research for the
      later part of the war. I know that I would not be able to start it until
      next year due to the load at work which includes a lot of time away from
      home right now.
      If I get to do it, the volume will be about the USN PBYs operational
      history in the Pacific during WW II. I have managed to gather a lot of
      information about the first year of the war but there is lots to do yet. Lou
      will have the last word on VP-101 & VP-102 for sure!
      I think Ragnar has made real good progress on his Atlantic volume so there
      is some new material in the works.

      I am off again until 13 September so please take me off the mailings until
      then.

      Best Regards,
      Jim Sawruk