42874Re: [PBY] Naval Channel Flare?

  • pby55@aol.com
    Apr 24 9:58 AM
      Hey Jim like you I am very interested in finding out more.  Thanks, Ron

      Jim Stephens <jws@...> wrote:

      The ones in the photo somehow look larger than the one you have on your desk.

      Not sure how they work, are the actually active pyro?  I guess I'm just dense about that.  I'm thinking a variation of a flare gun and firing something in the air.   Even dropping one over water and what would happen other than a splash isn't obvious.

      Education of a landlubber is required here.

      Jim

      On 4/24/2014 4:09 AM, pby55@... wrote:
      Yes Jim it is wood with a metal tip. Any clues ? Thanks, Ron

      Jim Stephens <jws@...> wrote:

      On 4/23/2014 7:42 PM, pby55@... wrote:
      Good evening mates! I was doing a little trading/ picking the other day and came across this piece. I was told it was a WW II Naval Channel Flare. Any comments? Please ? Thanks! Ron Moran  P.S. It was found in Charleston Harbor (South Carolina)

      It looks like it is wood with a metal tip?  Or is it something else/

      Jim

    • Show all 12 messages in this topic