42873Re: [PBY] Naval Channel Flare?

  • Jim Stephens
    Apr 24, 2014
      The ones in the photo somehow look larger than the one you have on your desk.

      Not sure how they work, are the actually active pyro?  I guess I'm just dense about that.  I'm thinking a variation of a flare gun and firing something in the air.   Even dropping one over water and what would happen other than a splash isn't obvious.

      Education of a landlubber is required here.

      Jim

      On 4/24/2014 4:09 AM, pby55@... wrote:
      Yes Jim it is wood with a metal tip. Any clues ? Thanks, Ron

      Jim Stephens <jws@...> wrote:

      On 4/23/2014 7:42 PM, pby55@... wrote:
      Good evening mates! I was doing a little trading/ picking the other day and came across this piece. I was told it was a WW II Naval Channel Flare. Any comments? Please ? Thanks! Ron Moran  P.S. It was found in Charleston Harbor (South Carolina)

      It looks like it is wood with a metal tip?  Or is it something else/

      Jim

    • Show all 12 messages in this topic