42868RE: [PBY] Naval Channel Flare? [3 Attachments]

  • Ned Barnett
    Apr 24, 2014

      Looks to me like the kind of smoke-float that anti-sub planes riding shotgun over narrow entrances (Pearl) or over convoys would drop when they spotted a possible sub, to let Destroyers know where to look, and to help the bombardier know where to drop on the next pass.  Could be wrong, but that’s what it looks like to me.

      Ned Barnett, APR

      Barnett Marketing Communications

      702-561-1167 - cell/text

      www.barnettmarcom.com - twitter @nedbarnett