42854Re: [PBY] Catalina Pleasure Flights [1 Attachment]

  • Tory Sullivan
    Apr 20, 2014
      Thank you, Nelson.

      My grandfather flew that precise BuNo in Iceland.  They contacted me some years ago around the 70th anniversary of its manufacture as they were planning a flyout celebration--and the family was going to go.  They cancelled the event as parts didn't arrive in time.

      It's exciting to know that the family could go fly in the very plane our father/grandfather/great grandfather flew some 70+ years ago.  Would be quite emotional, I'm sure.

      Thank you for reminding me and adding the new info about this being available to fly for fare.

      Torrence Sullivan
      California

      Sent from a mobile device...

      On Apr 20, 2014, at 3:32 AM, Nelson <topoftheleague@...> wrote:

      Attached is a scan of a recent article that appeared in the "Aviation News" magazine about the Catalina PH-PBY based at Lelystad Airport in the Netherlands which offers pleasure flights.

      Hope this is of interest to you. It's certainly on my bucket list.

      Cheers,
      Neson
      <20140420145307199.pdf>
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic