42851Re: [PBY] ARE WE STILL ALL ALIVE?

  • Peter Van Warmerdam
    Apr 19, 2014

    On Apr 18, 2014, at 9:46 AM, TWMCCARTHY@... wrote:

    That is a beautiful model, Piet.  Congratulations!

    In a message dated 4/17/2014 9:53:05 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, doulos00@... writes:

    Hello George, yes, I’m still here as well and just celebrated my 80th birthday. I know, compared to you I’m just a youngster ;-)
    I have recovered from prostate cancer and am now under treatment of bladder cancer.  So far things look up and Im not concerned.
    I have been busy building a model of my father’s submarine in his honor.  It’s coming along real fine and am enjoying the build.  A pair of wings on it and two engines and we have PBY - - not.  So I thought to send a few pics of his boat as she is right now.  There is still a lot more to be done on her before she’s ready.

    My involvement with the PBY was as an apprentice engineer and worked on the MLD PBY's.  MLD stands for Naval Air Arm of the Royal Navy, Netherlands.

    You hang in there and write some more of your war stories, I love them.

    Cheers, Piet, the Flying Dutchman.

    On Apr 17, 2014, at 5:58 PM, George J Herold <georgess132@...> wrote:

    THE CIRCLE HAS BEEN SOMEWHAT QUIET. I KNOW THAT YOU'RE ALL STILL OUT THERE,
    SOMEWHERES. I'M STILL HERE IN MELBOURNE FL, ENJOYING ONE BUD LIGHT A DAY.
    THE PBY CHATTER HAS BEEN SOMEWHAT DORMANT, FOR SOME UNKNOWN REASONS. DID YOU
    THINK, BACK IN 1941, THAT THIS A/C TYPE WOULD OUTLIVE US ALL? MY NIGHTS ARE
    TAKEN UP WITH HOCKEY & BASEBALL ON THE TV, AND MY DAYS AT DIFFERENT
    RESTAURANTS. I'M A REAL "WIDOWER". - THAT OLD PBY AIRPLANE SAVED MY TAIL 72
    YEARS AGO, SO I'LL KEEP UP WITH ALL THE CHATTER, - IF IT'S STILL OUT THERE.
    ------- GEOSS

  • Show all 6 messages in this topic