Re: [OziUsers-L] Very interesting Satalite Imagery site

  • Sirion David A.
    Message 1 of 4 , May 1, 2002
      Geoff, you do realise they have your place under constant surveillance! You
      bunch of bad bastards there in Brisbane need to be constantly watched.

      Came across this today, and have no idea how many dollars or how good.
      http://www.deltadatasystems.com/prod4.htm
      Georeferencer is a tool that will allow you to transform a picture into a
      map.

      When you scan an aerial photograph or import a satellite image, you have a
      picture in a coordinate system that has no relation to earth location. You
      might be able to generally relate the picture to a corresponding area on the
      earth but you can not know the details of this correspondence- namely, the
      geographic location of every point (pixel) in the image. Your computer knows
      even less.

      Getting a digital image into a geographic data processing system requires
      building a relation between the abstract coordinate geometry of the image
      and real earth geometry. The process through which this construction and
      transformation is performed is called georeferencing.
      End

      Regards,
      Sirion David A.

      Message 2 of 4 , May 1, 2002
        David,

        It just as well I dont have a glass roof on the house, otherwise us bad
        brisbanites would be in big trouble <g>

        That Georeferencer seems to be basically the calibration part of Ozi.

        I have calibrated that satelite photo of Brisbane. It gives a different
        prospective compared to looking at tracks and waypoints on maps.

        I no that some gold mining companies use aerial photos in ther prospecting.

        BTW I did not see you went I drove through Albury twice on my round trip to
        Melbourne. Looks like good Alburyites dont stand out.

        Geoff Greig
        Brisbane Australia