Screen Design

  • roddurston
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 10, 2013
      Hi guys, I've placed a screen design into the FILES section and this is my first attempt to customize the Ozi Android screen to my liking and use while 4WD. The screen is designed around a 7" tablet at 800 x 600 res. I have grouped some of the functions and screen selections onto a main menu that I have called Pages. This is where you go to all the other screens rather than have to scroll through them as before. I've also stripped out a number of menu choices from the screens and made the buttons larger. I've always struggled to select (or even read) the correct button while bumping along a track so those with larger fingers will know what I mean. I haven't used this on a trip yet so I may have left off a vital function. I also noticed that when you add this menu and start using it for the first time OziA seems to require you to push the buttons a couple of times before it works. I'm not sure if the software is compiling the menu in some way but after a few pushes all is ok. It's not complete but I think (for me) it's a good starting point.

      Have fun.
    • wayne.jefferies
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 17, 2013
        Your screen design is pretty good - I'm not sure where your buttons came from but they don't appear to be 'standard'. Is there any chance of posting them to the forum as well? It'll save some people (me) a lot of work creating/modifying something and ending up with an inferior design.

        Regards,
        Wayne

        --- In OziUsers-L@yahoogroups.com, "roddurston" <durston@...> wrote:

        > I'm an ex surveyor that does a lot of bush driving using Oziandroid and I'm looking at changing the way the screen looks. I know how to use the screen designer but I'm really no good at designing a nice looking page. Has anyone got screen designs they are willing to share? I can modify a design a little but coming up with that first design is beyond me.

      • Cousin Michel
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 18, 2013
          Hello,
          Try my menus, they walk on Samsung Note, Table 2.7 and 10.
          There is a version for Smartphone to keep track.
          Tougt is in French, you will have to work a little.
          Cordially.
          Michel

          http://dl.free.fr/rGIcmEgrg

          ________________________________
          De : wayne.jefferies <wayne.jefferies@...>
          À : OziUsers-L@yahoogroups.com
          Envoyé le : Samedi 17 août 2013 15h35
          Objet : [OziUsers-L] Re: Screen Design

          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 18, 2013
            Wayne

            My effort at screen design is my first so I would say there are a lot of improvements to make but I really wanted to make the software easier for me to use on a bumpy track and so uses a slightly different method to choose functions. That's why the icons are larger than the default set and don't necessarily conform to a mapping standard. I downloaded the icons from https://www.iconfinder.com/free_icons and there are a number of other free sites around. The size of the menu button is 80x80 pixels and I wanted to make the icons as big as possible to fill that space as well as a bit left over for text so it's easy to view in sunlight and dust!

            Rod.

            Message 5 of 7 , Aug 20, 2013
              Thanks for the pointer Rod. Also thank to Cousin Michel for the examples as well.

              I spend a lot of time on the computer and want something special for OziAndroid, but was unaware that this site existed (I don't generally surf much at all). Access to images and some suggestions from your examples will I'm sure get me though the design stages. In particular I like your Page page. Very useful not to have to select page after page to get where you want to go.

              Thanks again,
              Wayne