Re: Ozi Android Zoom change

  • Laurie
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 15, 2013
      Des

      I commented about the pinch zoom a few weeks back. Yes, agree it needs some refinement by Des. Personally, I would prefer if the zoom only changed one zoom level with each pinch.

      Laurie

      --- In OziUsers-L@yahoogroups.com, John Tserkezis <jt@...> wrote:

      > Des Fry wrote:
      >
      > > When I'm using OziDroid on my Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 I often notice the zoom
      > > level suddenly change from 100% to 1%, usually when I have inadvertently
      > > touched the screen (not on the zoom buttons).
      >
      > > Has anyone else experienced this or does anyone know why this happens. It's
      > > a nuisance but I can return to 100% view with the + zoom button or select it
      > > on the menu.
      >
      > It might be the over-zealous application of zoom with the new
      > pinch-zoom feature.
      >
      > Pinch zoom finger separation to actual zoom application does not
      > appear to be proportional to other software/devices that you may have
      > used with the pinch zoom feature. It appears a linear separation of
      > your fingers applies a different fixed zoom level to the map. So even a
      > small pinch can result in huge zoom changes.
      > --
      > Remember that you are unique. Just like everyone else.

    • Des Fry
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 15, 2013
        Thanks John & Laurie. I really don't know why I didn't think of pinch zoom
        as a possible cause; I guess with Ozi providing its own precise zoom
        change, it never occurred to me to try 'pinching'. I think you hit the nail
        on the head as to the cause; I'll watch it carefully from now on.

        As I'm quite short sighted I can easily read the smallest text on screen
        without needing to use finger separation and so tend to forget the option is
        there ;-)

        --- In OziUsers-L@yahoogroups.com <mailto:OziUsers-L%40yahoogroups.com> ,